[17] R.O.O.M.M.A.T.E.S.

R.O.O.M.M.A.T.E.S.

Chapter Seventeen

Jason's POV

"You're kidding..." I stated slowly, even though I knew the answer was coming. 

"What else can we do?" Kade snorted. "Let him kill you or rape you in your sleep?"

"He wouldn't do that!" I snapped, and Kade raised an eyebrow.

"No? 'Cause it sure looked like that when I walked in here and barely stopped him from riding you like a-"

"Okay!" I barked, not wanting to hear anymore of it as I grimaced and looked at Chase who was still glaring around the room, his red lips twisted into a cruel scowl.

"I... I just... What if Chase wakes up? He's going to be pissed-"

"Jason." Kade said slowly as he glanced at me. "We need to start thinking of what will be best for all of us. Chase will understand."

I looked at Chase who seemed completely obvlivious to the conversation, his eyes now locked on me, thinking what, I had no idea.

"Goddess forgive me, Chase." I mumbled, getting up with a brief nod to Kade.

"Let's do this..." I sighed, trying to ignore the bubble of regret that was already forming in my stomach as Chase gave a furious growl, his red eyes glaring heatedly at me.

I just wish they would turn back to his blue color...

**

Chase's POV 

"You're seriously just letting your siren take control? You're not even going to fight it?" Vampire was growling out in irritation, as he watched me with distaste.

"If you don't like it so much, then you can take over." I snorted, adverting my eyes and the vampire grimaced, also looking away.

"If I did that, I would probably drink everyone dry. I'm fucking starved. So you get off your pansy ass, and get me some freakin' blood. We haven't drank anything since like, well, a really long time!" He grumbled, and I swallowed uneasily.

"Not that simple." I mumbled.

"Yes it is!" The leopard spat suddenly. "If you fought him, then you would at least be doing something, but no, you're sitting here like a freakin' loser and not even bothering! Get off your ass and try something!"

"Like what?!" I snapped back. "I'm... I don't want to be in a constant battle all the time! Even if I do fight him and manage to hold him back, it's not like I can do that forever. And for the last flipping time, I have no mate. I don't want a mate. I don't need a mate. I don't like mates!" I clenched and unclenched my fists in anger repeatedly. "And if you guys can't accept that, well, that's too damn bad for you!"

The vampire looked surprised, before he shook his head. "We. Have. A. Mate. You love him. You felt the same sparks when you kissed him... and every day that you deny it you will get physically weaker. Every day that you let the siren take control and you grow weaker, you won't have the option to fight." He stated deadly calm. "If you don't fight now, your siren will always be in control before you make the decision, and by then, it might be too late. The siren might decide to never let you back in control... and if we don't stop fighting, and you don't start fixing the stupid contradictions, we will probably cease to exist. We'll rot away to nothing more than what we saw back at that stupid cage."

I stared at him, actually wordless because... well, because the damned vampire was way too right for his own good.

"Goddess freakin..." I bit my lip and looked away, feeling oddly enough like I wanted to cease to exist in a way. I didn't want to have this talk with Jason. Somehow I knew it would lead to a completely new me, and I didn't want that.