Chapter Nine

WM: Heyy everybodys who's reading my story, it's been a long time. So So Sorry about this very very late update. For months I've had exams and I had to focus souly on them so I had literally no time to write, then when exams were over I focused on my other story because I desperately wanted to get it finished and oof my back. Thankfully that story is finished now so I am seriously going to get my head down this holiday and try to write loads of A Taken Life. I can't thank anybody enough if you are reading my story. I feel so proud to know people are reading it but I'm seriously doubting my writing skills at the moment, it would mean a lot to me if more people can vote fan and comment. Anyway hopefully you all will enjoy this chapter and want to keep reading, next chapter will be coming very very soon I promise (it'll only be short- well if I can write short chapters that is).  Remember Vote/Comment/Fan!   Thankyouuuu!!! xxx

.................................................................................................................................................................

Crystal

I started to panic as I realised that I hadn't seen Amelie since the night I'd killed all those men. That had been two nights ago now. And the time was pressing down on me, every second tense and stressful. I was scared about being on my own. I was a newly turned vampire with no idea how to control this... Thing inside of me. I needed my maker. I needed Amelie to comfort me and show me the way.

            But I feared she never would. I feared she was gone for good.

            Maybe she'd found out what I had done and left me alone to deal with my mess. Had she been taken and killed by the Leadership of the Night. Or by Brandon for that matter. I didn't know.

             But what I did know was that I felt alone. And I missed my maker.

            I sat silently in the cave room high up in the mountain, my back resting against the cold hard rock. All I could hear was the dripping of water as it endlessly dropped from the rocky ceiling. The wind whistled and howled outside of the cave making me shiver and pull my legs up to my chest, hugging my body for the comfort. I lay my head on my knees and deeply sighed. It was night, my vampire time to be awake, however I felt so tired. I felt like I was drained of all my energy. I just felt so sad. All of my depressing emotions swirling within my weakened body. Sadness. Grief. Loneliness. Guilt. Were these the only things I was going to feel now that I was a vampire? That was one of the things I dreaded most.

            I looked up and out of the cave mouth, my gaze flickering on the dark night sky. I took comfort in watching the misty clouds float in the sky, hovering over the bright half moon, casting a spooky glow on the inside of the cave. I smiles at the sight of it. At the beauty that still existed in the world. I wondered if I'd still know good even if my life was now cast in the dark shadow of evil. Did being a vampire make me evil now? Or just something... Misunderstood.

            My thoughts kept reeling as I watched the night sky when they were suddenly interrupted by a scuffling sound outside. Like somebody was climbing up the face of the cliff.           Could it be...? I hoped it was. My heart raced as I wondered if it was Brandon, finally coming to kill me. Or if it was another vampire. I gulped as I watched and waited for the figure to appear. When thankfully I let out a shaking relieved breath when I saw dark long hair and a young face with a pale complexion and dazzling emerald eyes.

            It was Amelie.

            Thank God! She walked into the cave, her posture tall and strong as she walked past me. I resisted the urge to run to her and wrap my arms around her when I saw the hard stone look on her face. She was carrying a two big bin bags which looked heavy an loaded with stuff but she could carry them easily with her vampire strength. I just watched her as she made her way over to the corner of the room and placed the bags down on the floor. She pulled a newspaper out of the bag and looked intrigued as she looked at the front headlines. My heart did somersaults. What about if murders of those men were in their!? What about if she found out?! I was certainly dead for sure.