Chapter One

Chapter One

 Crystal

The dark and creepy atmosphere of the dreary forest chilled me to the bone as I ran endlessly through the tree’s. The air was cold and damp and a cloudy clustered fog drifted around the petrifying place. I felt scared and alone with no idea of what to do. I was petrified of being here, but it was the only place I could be to escape. To hide and especially to survive. The wet damp Earth underneath my feet was murky and slippery in this harsh winter. The trees were bare of leaves and the branches looked like cold dead skeletal hands clawing carelessly in the dancing breeze and coming after me.

I shivered violently from the cold and also from the fear of who or what was out there. My torn worn out muscles ached, like they had just been ripped out of my body viciously, from running this far through the forest an I couldn’t run anymore. But I had to if I expected to stay alive. If I stopped he’d surely get me and he’d certainly cruelly kill me. I had to hide. That was the only way. So as quickly and quietly as I could I hid behind the biggest and most crowded tree I could find.

I crouched down, making myself small and to rest my legs for a while. Soon I would have to keep running because I couldn’t stay here forever, no matter how much I wanted to. A loud clatter of thunder roared, like a ferocious lion declaring its territory, and rang through my ears, causing me to jump and cower even more. A bright blinding bolt of lightning struck through the trees, illuminating my surroundings. It reminded me of a grotesque and terrifying horror movie which scared me more. Endless rain beat hard and harsh down on me, drenching me.

It wasn’t until now that I realised a stream of endless tears were falling from my eyes and hitting the floor along with the pouring depressing rain. I was terrified of what was happening and I knew that I would die tonight. I’d never really give much thought to how I would die but I never thought I would be viciously slaughtered and left here to die and rot alone.

I couldn’t control my breathing as I panicked and caught my breath. I brought my knees up to my chest and rested my eyes and head as I tried to calm myself down. It worked for a while, until I heard footsteps…

He was here. So now I was going to die.

My heart suddenly jumped and I froze, like a block of cold chilling ice. I held my breath in anxiety as I listened intently to his slow movements through the dying sea of weeds and plants. He was getting closer and closer. Drawing nearer to my gruesome grotesque death.

Slowly I lifted up my head. I couldn’t see him, but I could sense his presence. Swallowing my fear I rose silently an steadily to my feet, scraping my bare skin of my arms and fingertips against the hard rough bark of the tree. I kept my breathing to a minimal and scrutinized every aspect of my surroundings.

He was so close I could hear his deep dark breathing, like a vicious snarl from animal that was stalking its innocent prey. My instinct told me that he was behind the tree. I gulped. I listened again, harder then I ever had before. But I couldn’t hear him. Had he gone? Had he figured, stupidly, that I wasn’t here and moved off in another direction? Or had it even been him in the first place?

Gathering up all the courage I could possibly muster, I gulped one last time, sinking down my fear like a rock sinking in water, and I foolishly peered my head around the tree. I couldn’t see him so I stepped closer around the tree, keeping my fingers glued to the rough bark making sure I could touch it and run to a safe haven at any moment. I looked around, confusion overwhelmed me like a cold drenching wave of the sea. Where was he?

I kept my eyes transfixed on the area as I considered my options. But there weren’t any. What could I do? I couldn’t run if I ran I would probably alert him if he was nearby and I barley had the strength to stay balanced and up right. I couldn’t stay here. I had to…

Before I could think of what to do he grabbed me from behind. I screamed and tried to fight my way out of his strong tight grasp. But he was too strong for me. He turned me around to face him, so he could see the fear in my blue sapphire eyes. My body suddenly gave up and lost the fight as a blinding pain surged through it. I couldn’t breath. I couldn’t stand. Luckily he was holding me up right, keeping me on my feet so he could watch me suffer. He chuckled in my ear, that dark menacing evil laugh that made me shiver ever since the first time I heard it. Suddenly the pain became more intense as he hurt me even more. Realising that he’d had his entertainment of watching me suffer enough he let me fall hard to the floor, facing up at the dark sky. Blood rushed out of my deep painful wound and I was drenched with it.

He’d stabbed me and now I was dying.

The dark murdering figure loomed over me, crouched down, and laughed menacingly. Before sharply plunging his fist into the whole in my stomach. I screamed, the grotesque hell like pain was too much for me to bare. My screaming voice caught in my throat as rusty metal tasting blood channelled up my throat and out of my mouth.

Knowing he’d won this battle he slowly withdrew his clenched red bloodied fist. He looked at me and chuckled one last time, before standing up to his full 6,4’ height. Then he stalked away into the fog. Leaving me alone, cold, motionless and lifeless. Tears fell from my eyes again as I thought about my family and knowing I would never see them again.

Trying to at least calm down and accept the inevitable I stared up at the starry sky above me and the shinning full moon that illuminated the night sky. Along with beautiful diamond stars that were caught in a giant black cloth of sky.

I drew my last breath and my eyes slowly closed. Darkness overwhelmed me and I was gone.

Until I was brought back…

......................................................................................................................................................................................

Writers message: Hey finally Ive started updating my story. If you like the start of it or have any ideas plz leave me a commet I would very much appreciate it thx xx