Chapter Thirteen

WM: yeeeeyyyyyy!!!!!! Another update guys, two chapter in two days, I'm sticking to my promise of trying to write a chapter a day, (except Christmas day I suppose- if my family can tear laptop away from me), however I may be delayed with next update. Laptop is playing up again like it did before something about the left button on mouse not working. It's driving me insane!! (getting ipad for xmas though so nothing will stop me from writing). Anyway heres the next chapter, another boring one I'm afraid however I promise next one will be full of fighting and action, I would have joined 2 chaps together to get a big chapter however people moan at me for doing big chapters so I'm trying to keep them short. Hope you enjoy this chapter, please let me know what you think, I'm open to suggestions of what to write next, I'd love to know what you think even if it's bad. Please Comment/Vote/Fan. Even getting more reads makes me happy.  Still down hearted about my writing guys so please make me happy :D

..........................................................................................................................................................................

Chapter Thirteen

Amelie

            Suddenly I gasped. Air, that I didn't need, going down my newly mended neck and into my lungs. My eyes snapped open. I stared up at the dark night sky which was slowly turning dark blue, only about three from sunrise. Sharply I shot up like a corpse risen from the dead- well I was. My head hurt with a splitting head ache. My neck ached as though it desperately need to click into place. My throat was dry and scratchy as though I needed a drink. I wondered what had happened for a few moments when all of a sudden my memory came flooding back.

            Brandon had attacked us. I'd lost my temper and fought with him. He'd broke my neck. Now I was back.

            But where was Crystal?

            I shot up to my feet to look around the forest, my eyes darting around endlessly to try and find her. "Crystal!" I shouted. "Crystal where are you?" But there was no answer. The forest was silent. I couldn't even hear the man that I had fed from before.

            That reminded me... The man.

            My head whipped around to look over at my shoulder to look down at the man. He was lying on the floor, bleeding from his neck, looking as pale as a vampire. He looked like one of us. my worst fears were starting to come true as I realised what had happened. I felt sick, my thoughts racing with terror as I suddenly blurred over to him, falling to my knees beside his motionless body. I looked down at him sadly, realising the inevitable. But I had to check. I had to make sure. Reaching out my shaking hand I put two fingers to his cold bleeding neck, feeling desperately for a pulse. But there wasn't one. He was dead. I'd killed him.

            Brandon had killed him.

            Anger raged through me followed by an overwhelming surge of sadness. Guilt flooded over me like a surging wave, washing through my dark soul, drowning my soul. This was my fault. I knew this was my fault. "I'm sorry." I whispered, my voice like a ghost drifting on the slight breeze. "This is all my fault." I choked out in a slight sob. It was my fault he was dead. I had to feed off him but I didn't heal him, I had left his bleeding wound open for Crystal to drink his blood. But she had refused. And then Brandon had turned up. His wound had not been healed and I hadn't gave him my blood to revive him. He had died. Because I had bitten him. Because I had fed from him. Because I had been too focused on Brandon to heal him.

            Because of me.

            I screamed in pain and misery, resting my head on his chest as I sobbed. "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." I kept repeating over and over again as though it would change the outcome and take  away this black shadow  of depression hanging over my head.