Thatching up the Thatchers

AN: I had trouble with this chapter, due to how to figure out the beginning to the road of repairing their relationship.

In this chapter the gadget will be revealed.

Your PoV

After the first initial month in Rainbow and thanks to Marius you were able to create your gadget. It was a simplistic one, a small metallic ball similar to Ying's Candelas only...Well with a bit of technological wonders from Emmanuelle Pichon, she, Marius, and I created a smart grenade that would roll into a room and detonate airburst charges, incendiary, or burst into multiple smaller ones depending on the situation. We called them Seeker Drones.

Yet even with the addition of the Seekers to my arsenal, I lacked any real friends still aside Marius. Ela was growing close to a friend due to the training she and I did.

In any case today was the day I was going to be able to Skype home with mom back in the states. Sitting down in Marius and I's quarters I turned the laptop on and connected to Skype at the assigned time I gave my mother before she answered. Y/N? Is that you-"

"Hey mom...Yeah it's me and I've got a lot to talk to you about-" "Oh no you don't! I haven't heard or talked to you in months! Do you've any idea how worried I've been-"

"Mom-" I tried to cut in rapidly but she glared at me, causing me to gulp audibly as she continued ranting. "Or god forbid how worried I've been that you've been captured or worse since the Government refuses to tell me where you're posted-"

"Mom I got transferred to rainbow, dad's here." I got out quickly while she took a breath. Before choking on said breath at what I said causing me to panic "Mom?! Breathe!" I tried to calm her down now due to my own mistake of admitting that first.

"Your...father?! Oh lord..." She groaned knowing my resentment of the man. "How are you...Dealing with that?" She questioned hesitantly, making me sigh.

My mother was one Anya West, the sweetest most mother Henning woman to exist in this century...But she was also a force to be seen when angry.

She loved Mike. Still did. And I could respect that but...He still left the most amazing woman I know on hand.

That's what I couldn't forgive him for. Not for not being there. But for leaving my mother.

"Y/N" my mother's voice broke me from my reverie. "I want you to try to get along with your father...And I know what you'll say! We've had this argument before but...The situation for you's changed drastically hasn't it? I've got to go honey I'm on call in the E.R, be safe and I love you-"

She stated before cutting the connection making me pause. "Yeah...Love you too mom." I mumbled unhappy about being friendly to Mike of all men alive. Could be worse though I'll admit.

Sighing again I stood up and left the room. Deciding to simply go to the training room. Get some of the anger and bitterness out of my system through training. And once changing into the proper uniform for training I began to hit the punching bag. Over and over again my mother's words echoed in my head. Over and over again like a distant chanting...

Or at least I was until someone coughed behind me. Turning partially to see them outside my peripheral vision I noticed it was Elżbieta. "You seem a bit worked up." She noted, or rather observed. "Yeah. Just some stuff involving the old man."

I told her idly, the reason of my anger, don't know why I had decided to trust her with this information, I filed it under the reasoning that aside Marius she was the closest thing I'd to a friend.  "You know you aren't the only one with issues regarding their parent." She remarked out of the blue, having entered the fighting ring next to me to begin the sparring match.

Grunting in affirmation I quickly entered my stance for Krav Maga and beckoned her forwards. "In fact my father always preferred my older sister growing up. Comparisons and both asking me outright why I couldn't be more like her. It got to the point that instead of upholding family tradition in military service I went to Art school out of state."

"Sounds familiar." I grunted as her foot connected to my gut, forcing me to double over before she drove her heel into my back sending me to the floor.

"Don't be such a wise ass." She'd scold me before offering a hand out to me which I graciously took.

"Look I'll-" she took a deep breath here before explaining. "My father killed himself. We didn't get a chance like you have to patch things up with Mike. My sister and I still aren't speaking to one another and she's in G.R.O.M. In the end it might be worth it to talk to him on this." She explained her reasonings causing me to nod at her.

"Ela...Thank you."

I said in genuine thanks and a small smirk which she returned "but I still kicked your ass."

She'd tease leaving the room with a wave.

I took a deep breath before deciding to steel my nerves...Time to fix things up with Thatcher.

AN: Soooo I lied.

I decided to use this as a way to make Ela relevant to the story by giving her wisdom in these kind of matters. Do note that while Lion, Alibi, Maestro and Finnka are present Zofia will not be until later.

Gallows out.