Into the Valley of Death

AN: Alright I've spent enough time pussyfooting around the action of this story. Thanks to all those who followed and are currently enjoying it even if you're quiet. Really means a lot since this is my first work in a reader insert ever.

Onto the more pressing question(s) what kind of music do you listen to while reading these stories? And what do you want your gadget to be?

Onto the chapter

3rd Person PoV:

Bowman was worried. This was a given. Her plan was risky, almost downright suicidal if even the smallest thing went wrong. The two remaining Ghost team members would create a distraction nearby in a village/hamlet for El Sueño's men to deal with, leaving the stronghold unguarded for the Rainbow Operators to infiltrate their two men.

Eliza was also worried, being given command of this operation aptly named "Operation Rising Storm" was one of their more challenging ones...Though nothing could be quite as terrible as the Outbreak in New Mexico. Shuddering at the memory of it her mind idly wandered to said operation...whatever the hell it was, disease, parasite...Gave her nightmares to this day that there were far worse things than the Chemical, Biological, or nuclear arsenals of the world...Even if one of those three was banned by the U.N.

Eliza gazed at her team once more, seeing their almost grim outlook on this entire situation, she realized that they also had their own misgivings of the Operation to which she cleared her throat loudly to get their attention.

"Just treat this like any other op guys...Hell I've got my own reservations on just being here too. But we've seen worse than this. Been through worse than this. Someone in that compound could be joining Rainbow after this...Let's make one hell of an impression."

She'd try to get their minds off of the price of failure, seeing the speech worked half and half however. Nodding at her Jordan decided to speak up. "So what's the plan for breaching and extraction?"

"Alright, once the Ghosts start their diversion that'll be our cue to breach the stronghold and clear it. Jordan, you're going to make a really big hole on the southern side of the stronghold, once the breach is made Giles will take point with Le-Roc." Eliza pointed out on the map and building plans of the stronghold.

"Once we reach the main intersection we break into two teams. Team 1's objective is clearing the Fortress of Hostiles. Team 2 is to head to the prison containment and find the VIPs and get them to safety once Doc here stabilizes them." Eliza had a solid plan, keeping Doc attached to Team 2 was a necessity due to the likely injured state of the Ghosts. And if they wanted them alive well...There wasn't many options otherwise was there?

"Team two will be composed of Thatcher, Doc, and I. Team one will be Montagne, Ela, Jordan, and Tachanka. If things don't go as planned and their reinforcements return faster than we predicted then it'll be us hunkering down which is why Aleksandr is here. In case things go FUBAR before we finish he's here to give these guys something to remember. Alright Rainbow, this is it! Move it!"

Eliza commanded sternly as Riley reported over the radio that the distraction began, tapping Jordan on the shoulder they began approaching the stronghold from the south, after ten minutes or so they arrived to the Southern wall, Jordan placing the Thermite on the wall before muttering to the team. "One Big Fuckin' hole coming right up."

He'd grin evilly as he activated the charge, the C4 kicking on as the hissing sound of the wall being burned away was audible, before exploding inwards to the compound, Montagne taking his cue activated the extended form of his shield, which the others got behind as he slowly advanced under the fire of multiple tangos. Eliza, Jordan, Mike, and Ela quickly began shooting those that popped up with the utmost efficiency and the compound filled with the dying screams of Cartel Members, before one quickly shouted something in Bolivian, which was soon cut off with a single round from Eliza's rifle.