Arrival to Hereford.

I've decided to make the pairing with Ela as you can see. This story will be a slow burn of you and Ela getting together much later in the story. If that isn't your style and you want me to speed things up I'll add drabbles to the end of some chapters. Mostly filler.

Your PoV:

The plane ride back to Hereford (made possible by landing at an aircraft carrier for refueling) was mostly awkward. The plane was filled with the worried looks between Thatcher and I, who I was glaring at and he was trying to seem ignorant of said glare.

Unknown to me at the time was Elżbieta's sympathetic look over issues with my father. In any case. Very. Very. Awkward. Before all this happened I was content in the Ghosts...Even if we were in Bolivia. But now without them..? Now I felt alone more than ever. However I couldn't let those feelings show at all. Rainbow was known for its strength...And I would prove my spot here was not only worth it, but also give my old family a good and better name than simply black ops.

Sighing I stared at the Karambit knife on me...Standard issue knife for any special forces soldier since Vietnam. Quietly flipping it in my hands for comfort, and relieving the built up anxiety. As I did so, feeling my eyelids grow heavy I slowly and quietly shifted the Karambit back into its sheath, dozing off to peace.

When I was awoken it was due to a foreign hand on my shoulder, reflexes and training kicked it before I gripped the arm of the person and yanked them closer, placing the Karambit at their throat, only for my eyes to widen as I realized who it was...It was Aleksandr in his full flak armor as usual with a bemused look in his eyes.

"Sorry." I mumbled loud enough for him to hear as I removed it from his throat, eliciting a chuckle from the Russian.

"Never be sorry for your training. Come now Comrade, the rest wait for us outside the base."

He'd remark leading the way as I got the only personal effect with me, the picture of the Ghosts and Bowman. The rest being combat gear. Gathering it all up in the duffel bag I stood up and stretched before exiting the plane. Investigating Hereford I nodded, quiet, isolated...Yet still built like a fortress, seeing the others near a dark skinned woman I strode closer before saluting her, assuming she was in charge.

"Lieutenant Y/N...Baker reporting." I said my last name hesitantly, and with a hint of distaste. Earning a nod from her.

"Welcome to Rainbow Lieutenant. I'm Six, Rainbow's commanding officer and director of missions. Come with me to my office...we have much to discuss." Six states walking away and silently gesturing me to follow, which I did curtly.

After several minutes of walking in silence behind Six I spoke up "what does a Counter Terrorism Task Force want with a SPECWAR operative?" I asked in all seriousness. It was a valid question given she was my new employer.

Six answered thankfully unlike most spooks I was forced to work with. "Mr. Baker, your skillsets are highly versatile. You can cover a wide range of jobs with little to no resources required. And the White Mask Organization can only be destroyed by people like you, or similar Operators. Which was why Rainbow was reinstated. Having you on this team will ensure that the White Masks will fall sooner rather than later."

She said bluntly. Honest and straight to the point...Respectable.

"And as for your father you do not need to like him nor do you need to get along with him outside the field. In the field I expect full professionalism soldier."

Ah there's the catch. Full professionalism in the field. Difficult but not impossible. "You've my word ma'am. I'll be as professional as can be out in the field."