Volume iii - Chapter 48

Louis' POV

"Yes!" I exclaimed just as the ball hit the back of the net.

I threw my controller down and jumped up, doing a little victory dance, making Zayn groan.

"Lou, stop!" He complained as I danced around him, rubbing it in his face.

"I won. I won. I won." I sung. "I beat you, ya wanker!"

Zayn shook his head and laughed at me as I continued my song.

We were at my apartment playing Xbox seeing as though we'd just finished classes for the day.

It had been tedious.

All I could think about was Harry, meaning I couldn't concentrate on any of my school work.

I spent most of the day texting him and when I wasn't, I was waiting for his reply.

God, I sound pathetic.

I need to get a life.

Or maybe I just need Harry.

I sighed as I jumped back down onto the couch and let out a breath, finishing my song and dance.

"You done?" He asked, amused.

"Yep." I replied, with a smug grin.

He shoved my shoulder playfully and laughed which I happily joined in on.

It was good to be hanging out with him again.

And it was good to be smiling again.

"Do you want a drink?" I asked, standing up.

"Yeah sure, man." He answered as I left the room. "Coke."

"Okay." I called back.

When I returned, two coke cans in my hands, Zayn had already started another game.

"Wow. Start without me why don't ya." I teased quickly picking up mu controller to catch up.

Zayn's team had the ball but he hadn't scored yet.

"Hey! I need the head start." He justified and I just laughed.

It was true.

I was just getting into it, when I noticed Zayn was getting less and less enthusiastic.

Something was up and he just wasn't himself.

"Hey Lou?" Zayn asked me, leaning forward on the couch as he reached forward to put the Xbox controller down.

He pressed pause and looked to me.

"Yeah?" I replied, also leaning forward to grab some chips from the bowl after pausing the game.

He took a deep breath and looked at me, putting his controller on the table in front of us.

I sensed his seriousness and did the same, completely turning my attention to him.

I knew something was up, and I hoped he was going to tell me.

"Do you think about him?" he asked in a small voice.

My worried expression washed away to reveal one of heartbreak.

I knew exactly what he was talking about.

Harry.

He must be missing Niall or something and want to talk about it.

Honestly, I was glad. I needed someone to talk to about all of it.