Prologue

Harry's POV

It was sunny afternoon, a rare occurrence in Holmes Chapel, and Niall and I were inside playing xbox.

Typical. It was almost a routine for us to walk inside and turn on the gaming machine.

“Harry, we’re home!” Gemma shouted from the doorway as she burst in with piles of shopping bags.

I froze and my eyes went wide as I realised what that meant. My heart started racing and my palms became sweaty.

I sat up on the couch and dropped my controller after quickly pressing pause.

“Hey!” Niall protested, but I shushed him just in time. If she was home already, that only meant one thing. She brought him with her.

I barely had time to sweep my curls to the side, fixing my hair as he walked in.

“Sup lil bro! Hey Harry!”

Fuck.

Louis was here.

“H-Hey, L-Lou,” I stammered out while trying to look as nonchalant as possible. I don’t think it worked. Niall was laughing at how red I turned when he said my name.

It was like hearing a symphony. I can’t help it! He’s just too perfect.

Louis Tomlinson was Niall's older brother... and also the boy I'd been crushing on for a while now.

But, he also happened to be my older sisters boyfriend.

He chuckled as he stepped into the room and sat on the couch next to me.

My heart started racing even faster when I felt the couch dip as he sat close to me, making me quite nervous.

“What are you playing?” he asked as he draped his arms across the back of the couch. His hand nearly touched my shoulder and I internally freaked out.

I just looked at him with wide eyes, words not forming. I looked like a goldfish. Niall just kept laughing at me.

He knew. He was the only one that knew about my crush.

“FIFA,” Niall managed to get out between laughs.

“Oh, okay.” Louis said with a smile. “Cool.”

“Lou, hun, I have something to show you!” Gemma called from the bottom of the stairs. She smiled at him and raised her eyebrows suggestively. Louis seemed to catch on and jumped off the couch as fast as he could to follow her, giggling the whole way.

I let out a breath and slumped back into the couch the moment I was sure he was gone.

“Man, you need to get a grip! You practically had a panic attack!” Niall exclaimed,.

“UGH! I know!” I replied, burying my head in one of the couch cushions.

“It was pretty funny though!” he said. I threw a pillow at his head before unpausing the game and giving it my undivided attention for the rest of the afternoon.

Except I couldn't concentrate on it at all. ll I could think about was my sister and her gorgeous blue-eyed god of a boyfriend upstairs doing terrible, dirty things.

Ugh, why did I have to be so young! I’m 17 and my sisters 22 and in University and her sex-god boyfriend is 21. His name is Louis. Louis Tomlinson.

When she started talking about him at home, I didn't particularly care. She’s doing some science shit and he’s studying dramatic arts at the same Uni in London... blah blah blah. I didn’t care. He was just a new boyfriend. It was all fine to hear her talk about him, until she brought him home for us to meet him.

Talk about shitty ideas.

I didn't realise at the time that he was Niall's older brother, because I didn't really care. It wasn't until I saw him again that I realised I had seen him before. It was only brief, but I remebered seeing him at Niall's place once. Again, at the time I didn't really care, he was just my best friend's older brother so I didn't stop to look at him properly. 

I probably should have, because he's gorgeous.

The moment I saw his perfectly feathery light brown hair and piercing blue eyes, I died inside.

He was the definition of perfect.

His clothes were brightly coloured and he wore suspenders, which Gem made fun of but I thought made him look adorable. He’s funny and smart and caring and everything that defines a good boyfriend. 

But he’s straight. He’s not even Bi or anything, just straight as a ruler. Not to mention he’s with my sister.

And I’m openly gay.

If there is a God out there, can you at least answer me this; why did I have to crush on my sister’s STRAIGHT boyfriend?

From then on, I committed everything he said about himself to memory.

He grew up in Doncaster and has one brother, Niall. They moved to Holmes Chapel 6 years ago, right when Niall was starting High School. He now lives in London and goes to school there, along with Gemma. He plays piano and can sing AMAZINGLY well, though drama is his main passion. He wants to teach it one day. 

After she brought him home for the first time, I immediately liked him. I didn’t want to tell anyone because it would kill my sister, but Niall saw me gaping at him and figured it out.

So now, whenever Louis is near me, I fall apart. I can’t control myself around him, he makes my heart melt.

It’s official. I’m crushing on my sister’s boyfriend. And I can’t do anything about it.

.

About an hour later, Louis and Gemma came downstairs. He had a dazed but happy smile plastered across his face that made me want to punch a wall. Oh, I know what they did.

Why couldn't it have been me?

Stupid Gemma....

“Hey guys, we just had a question to ask you,” Gemma announced. I paused the game and looked up as they sat on the couch opposite Niall and I. “Harry, Mum asked us to ask you if you would like to come camping with us? She thinks you’re spending too much time inside, and we don’t mind you tagging along on our trip!” she laughed as she squeezed Louis’ hand and he kissed her forehead.

I felt a pain in my heart as they did that, right in front of me.

“Yeah,” Louis added. “And Niall, mum said the same thing about you too, so you have to come.”

“Fine.” Niall huffed, rolling his eyes. But all I could hear was Louis' laugh that came after.

“Great!” Gemma exclaimed, “Harry?”

 “Uh, sure.” I said” I mean, if you really want us there...”

 “Of course!” Gemma said. “I wanna spend some time with my baby bro!” she lightly punched my arm.

I was not impressed. Now Louis thinks I’m a baby. Fantastic.

I looked at Niall. He nodded. Great. “Um, okay then.” I said

“Then it’s settled! We’re going this weekend, so get ready! Louis and I will pick you guys up from here on Friday afternoon.” Gemma said with a giggle and a clap of her hands. It hurt my ears.

Girls...

“Alright, we should get going.” Louis said, standing. “See ya Niall, Bye Harry!” he added as he and Gemma gathered their belongings and headed out the door to go shopping, I assume.

That’s pretty much all they do...

When I heard the door shut, I turned to Niall with a huge grin on my face, finally realising just what this trip would allow me to do. 3 full days to just hang out with Louis! With no interruptions!

HELLS YES! I was so excited.

“You know what this means?” I said, still smiling stupidly.

“THIS MEANS NO XBOX YOU DICKHEAD! WHY’D YOU AGREE, DAMN IT!” he flicked me in the head and turned back to the game as I unpaused it and laughed along with him. 

He could be so weird sometimes...