14

Danielle's POV

"Sweet Pea, what's wrong?" I asked, shooting my shot on the pool table. "Nothi-" Sweet Pea had stopped talking mid-sentence, causing me to look up from the table. I noticed Reggie and a few other northsiders standing by the entrance of the Whyte Wyrm. "What are they doing here?" I quietly asked Sweet Pea as he wrapped his arm around my waist. He slighty shrugged his shoulders as Reggie went up to Jughead.

"Which one of you serpent scum killed her?!" He yelled into Jughead's face. By now, all of the bar was staring at this scene unfolding infront of them. "What the hell do you mean Reggie?" Jughead asked, standing from the bar stool. Sweet Pea ran to Jugheads side when the two got to close to eachother. "You know what I mean Jones, she was murdered. Do you understand what it feels like to have the mother of your child, the love of your life, being killed off like she's nothing?" Reggie cried.

Sweet Pea tried to reach a hand up to Reggie's shoulder to calm him down, but that only caused him to raise his fist and slam it into Sweet Pea's jawline, causing him to stumble back. The blood trickling down his neck did not distract him from getting up and tackling Reggie onto the ground. Brookyln comes running out of the backroom with FP, grabbing Sweet Pea off of the Mantle boy. I ran up to Reggie with Brooklyn as FP and a few others helps Sweets.

"What the fuck are you talking about Reggie?" Brooklyn screamed in his face. Reggie vigorously shook his head, tears staining his face. "Someone killed her, that's what I'm talking about." He answered calmly. I went wide eyed as I heard the words he spat out. "Why would they do that Reggie?" I asked. Reggie bit his lip nervously. "I can't tell you get guys." He whispered. I looked to Brooklyn, who looked towards Reggie. "Come over, and I'll tell you everything." He said as he got up from his spot on the floor.

Baylee's POV

"Happy birthday baby, how did you sleep?" Archie asked, as he gave me a glass of water. "Great since I got to sleep next to you." I chuckled. Archie rolled his eyes and smirked. "Oh and by the way babe, I invited a few friends to come over today." He pointed out. I furrowed my brows in confusion. "Oh, yeah. It's Betty and Veronica." He finished. I laughed and rubbed the back of my neck. For some reason, Veronica always set off some bad vibes when she was around. Archie would always talk to her, leaving me to ponder on things. "When are they coming?" I asked with a blank expression. "In a few hours, why?" Archie says. I shook my head and looked down at the water.

Brooklyn's POV

We entered the Mantle house hand in hand, unexpected of what Reggie would tell us. We walked into the living room, seeing Danielle-Maryel bouncing lightly in her bouncer, accompanied by Reggie and Mrs. Mantle. "Reggie, what did you need to tell us?" Danielle asked. Reggie looked up from his daughter, looking at his mom as if he was silently asking her to leave. She nodded her head and pulled Danielle-Maryel out of the bouncer.

Once she was gone, Reggie motioned for us to sit across from him. "There's something that you two don't know, and if I tell you... well, you guys have to promise to keep it hidden." Reggie calmly said. Me and Danielle nodded our heads in agreement. "Ok, so before Carly was pregnant. She had a big problem, and I knew about her big problem. I didn't stop it though cause she said she was happy. Well, let's just say it had to do with the Southside and drugs. Once she got pregnant though, she wanted to stop. The drugdealer didn't like that so he started harassing her. The doctor's told her that she was sick, and very stressed. Carly told me someone wanted to kill her." Reggie spoke. I looked at Danielle with pure shock. "What do you mean Reggie?" I asked. "I mean, she was killed in cold blood Brooklyn. She wanted to leave town, escape from her sins." He cried.

I cried onto Danielle's shoulder, not sure of what to do at this point.

Maybe he was right, this town is full of dark pasts and sins.