13

Danielle's POV

"This seems way too... colorful for a funeral." Sweet Pea whispered in my ear as we took our reserved seats next to Brookyln and Jughead. "That's the point. She didn't want it to be sad." I pointed out, snatching a shrimp off of Sweet Pea's plate. He opened his mouth to say something but he was interrupted me putting my index finger up to his lips. I turned my attention in the direction of the doors, as Reggie and his mother strolled through. I noticed his mother pushing along a stroller in the aisle.

The crowd hushed as the Mantle boy made his way up to the stage. (I know nothing about writing speeches so this might be bad.) "As some of you might know, before Carly had told me she was pregnant, I took her out to Sweetwater river to watch the sun rise. I proposed to her then. I told her we could leave Riverdale after we graduated and start a family. That's when she told me. I was so happy to be a father, to start a new life with the girl of my dreams." Reggie said, his voice cracking a little bit.

"That's when things went down hill. She got sick around her 5 month stage. The doctors said she couldn't take any medicine cause it would hurt the baby. That's when she agreed just to wait it out, but she got sicker and sicker. She had the baby early and we thought that things would be okay since she could finally get the medicines she needed. T-The doctor told me it was to late though, she was broken and she couldn't be fixed. She was beyond repair. I told her I would take care of Danielle-Maryel, I told her I would always love her no matter what." Reggie cried. Moose walked up from his spot with the other bulldogs and dragged his sobbing friend back to his seat to comfort him. Cheryl and Baylee had walked up and cleared their throats in an attempt to distract the guests.

"Carly has always been dear to my heart for many different reasons. She was there for me when my dear brother was killed, and she was there for me when Thornhill burned to the ground. Before Toni was ever in my life, she was the only person who truly cared about my well-being, and it will be a cold day in hell before I let her be forgotten." Cheryl said with tears threatening to drip.

Baylee motioned for me and Brooklyn to come up to the stage with her. "As Danielle-Maryel's godmothers, we would like to say a few words." Baylee said. "We know the last few days have been hard on alot of people in this small town, but we can't let our past effect our futures." Brooklyn continued. "When we became Danielle-Maryel's godmothers, we promised to never let her grow up in a town that felt pity for her. We promised to help her live a happy life, and that's what we are going to do." I said, finishing our small speech. Brooklyn walked over to the coffin and set a single, white rose down onto it.

Tears began to stream down my face as I realized that my bestfriend was actually gone.

Baylee's POV

"Guys, look at her." I whispered as I held Danielle-Maryel in my arms. Her skin was tan, and it looked like she was starting to grow small patches of black hair. "I bet she will be just like Carly." Danielle said, adjusting the infant's blanket. Brooklyn had gone home with Jughead after the speech cause, leaving us to finish out the rest of the memorial. "Girls, you can go. I can handle the rest of this." Mrs. Mantle said, taking Danielle from our arms. "Are you sure? We don't mind staying." Danielle pointed out. "Oh no, it's alright. It's about to end anyways." She mumbled and she set Danielle back into the stroller. "Oh, ok. Well tell Reggie he can call us anytime if he has any troubles." I insist as Archie wrapped his arms around my waist.

He rested his chin on my shoulder a let out a sigh. "What's wrong babe?" I asked. "Oh it's just, funerals are so depressing." He responded. I rolled my eyes and laughed. "That's the point Archie. Funerals aren't suppose to be fun." I pointed out. "But it literally has the word fun in it." Archie argued. "Whatever dork. Go start the car." I chuckled as he ran off.

"So Danielle. I heard that your officially moving in with Sweet Pea now?" I whispered. Danielle nodded her head and smirked. "I mean, I was already over there all the time so why not." She pointed out. I made a gagging sound and nudged her shoulder. "Whatever. I'll talk to you later alright?" She called as she walked away with Sweet Pea. I gave her a slight thumbs up and smiled. If Carly was here, she would be making jokes about how they spend all their time together, doing god knows what. I kinda missed those jokes. How her and Reggie would always walk into pops holding hands, Carly wearing his varsity jacket. It was a cliche in Riverdale. It meant that the relationship was official, even though they had been dating for atleast 9 months at that point.

I walked up to the coffin, to say one last good-bye. Maybe this town was cursed, maybe everyone lived and died here. Nobody has ever successfully left the town of sinners. Maybe me and Archie could finally break the curse.

Brooklyn's POV

I sat in the booth at pop's, across from Jughead as I watched him scarf down a burger. "Baby, didn't you just eat at the memorial?" I asked him. "Yes, but that was like, 30 mintues ago." He answered with a mouthful of food. "Ew, you are so gross sometimes." I pointed out. Jughead rolled his eyes and took another bite of his burger. "You know you love it princess." He said. "Goddammit, stop calling me that, I can't be mad if you do." I laughed.

Things seemed right when I was with him. He was the love of my life, and I was his.