Chapter 19 "...Lance Armstrong... or was it Neil? Are they brothers...?"

Is this karma?

I'm almost certain I didn't do anything wrong. Almost.

All I did was stay up past four in the morning watching The Vampire Diaries on Netflix after Dominic's sleepy statement kept replaying in my mind stopping me from getting to sleep.

Although this could be karma for the fact I didn't use any of the three weeks I had to study for this first entry exam.

Doctors claim to be able to separate individual Sperm cells so that the sex of a human child can be predetermined.

A.) Explain on what genetic principles enables this to be predetermined.

I'm not going to even bother looking at the next part of the question, I was lost on 'Explain'. I lift up my head and stare along the long rows of students scribbling away on the papers. I slowly turn my head behind me to be greeted with an bored wrinkled frowning face staring down at me. He raises his eyebrow at me and I raise mine right back. We get into a little stare off until he steps forward and I swing myself back round. I look back down at my exam paper, I don't even know why I even sitting this. People sit these things so  they can go on to university so they can earn a degree and spend the rest of their lives doing a meaningless job before going back to mediocre lives. I want nothing of the sort. I look around the room, searching the hall for Alex, after spending five minutes scanning the seats I remember Alex isn't even going to uni. Closing my paper as I'm not going to write anything more, I sit back and watch the clock tick. The seconds feel like minutes and the minutes like hours and I feel more frustrated than ever. Deciding I can't take anymore I work out an escape route, I definitely can't cause a scene and get kicked out; Adam will kill me if I get banned from future exams, exam boards are pretty strict here. So I lift up my hand to signal over the examiner walking through the aisles.

"Yes?"

"Woah; snappy aren't you." I cross my arms over my chest smirking at the old man.

"Is there something you wanted Miss... Jaan?" He looked at my exam information speaking in a hushed tone.

"Yeah, I need to use the bathroom" I don't lower my voice like him.

"Can't it wait?" He whispers frowning.

"Well... not really, I'm on my period you see and I really need to use the bathroom, if you know what I mean." I speak slightly louder than normal.

A few heads turn in my direction and the  guy looks slightly uncomfortable.

"I guess so, I'll wait outside." He moves back for me to get up.

I smile at him, get out of my seat and slowly make my way to the back of the hall then through the door. I enter the bathroom and place the bin against the door. Pushing each stall open I see that the bathroom is empty, I step up onto the toilet seat and push the window wide open. With slight difficulty I haul myself up and onto the ledge.

"Miss! How long are you going to be?" The examiners voice comes muffled through the door.

"Just a sec!" I lie shouting back.

I lie on my stomach and twisting myself so my legs are out the window, as soon as my whole lower half is shuffled out the window I use my arms to push the rest of my body out the window dropping down neatly onto my feet.

"Now that was fun to watch."

I turn around so fast my head snips a little.

"Dom? You nearly gave me a heart attack!" I walk up to him leaning against my brothers car.

"Aren't you a little rebel?" He smirks at me.

"What are you even doing here? Don't you have a job to be at?" I give him a questioning look.