chapter 23

"HELLLLLLLLLLLLLO!!!!!"
"I NEED TO MAKE A PHONE CALL PLEASE!!!!!!"
"HELLLLLLLLLLLLO......"
I bang repeatedly on the large metal door.
"HELLLL-"
"Would you please shut up?!" Alex huffed from the bed across the room obviously highly agitated.
"Would you please just let me complain?!"
"Would you just let me sleep?" She shoots back.
"No. As I don't intend to sleep all night locked in a holding cell so shut up."
She remains quiet so I take that as my cue to carry on.
"HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLO?!?" I scream through the tiny gap in the door.
"Eruggh, when you said get out of the car i should have listened... But nooo I'd rather stay and end up in a cell with you... Stupid friendship." She mumbles to herself but loud enough for me to hear.
"ALEX! I will get us out of this you hear? - HELLLLLLLLL-"
"Will you quit your whining?" I hear a deep voice on the other side of the door. I turn around to see a middle aged officer who is slightly over weight yet still munching on a greasy slice of pizza... Probably to cope with the depression that comes with that receding hairline.
"Sir... I need to make a call. Its urgent" I plead.
"Nope. Its against rules." He spoke in a bored tone taking a bite out of his pizza.
"Look I'll make it worth your while just give me a two mintues" I bag my eyelashes hoping I had some charm.
He looked into empty space for a few seconds as though he was deciding whether to help my or not.
"You have 60 seconds... Quick" He let out while opening up the door.
"Here staying and talk to her... She said your handsome" I rush out while running towards the phone. I could literally feel the daggers Alex was throwing my way.
I reach the phone behind reception and punch I the number of the only person other than Alex that I trust right now.
"Jared?"
"Sabrina? Where are you?"
"Umm I'm at the police station" I slightly brace myself
"What the fuck happened this time?" I could tell he was rolling his eyes at me through the phone.
"Don't ask stupid questions just get yourself down here"
"Where are you at and how much do I need to bring" He is quick to the point... I knew I could count on him.
"Killingbeck station... Hold up this isn't America you can't just post bail." I freeze in fear we couldn't buy ourselves out of this mess.
"I know it isn't america but everyone has a price..."
I look behind me to instantly regret my actions as I see the police officer bent over trying to pick up his pizza slice off the floor giving me a front row see to his ass crack. Classy.
"About 10 grand should do it." I cringe away from the sight. "Oh. And don't tell Adam"
"You owe me big. See you in twenty"
He hangs up the phone and I make my way over to the cell Alex was still in.
"All done?" She looked at me hopefully.
"All done my love." I grinned widely at her.

40 minutes later after some mad negotiation skills from Jared we were sat cosily in his car on the way to the police inpound to pick up Cole's car.
"So who wants to tell me what happened? I hope I didn't just waste ten grand on you stealing something at primark" he laughs to himself as we are clearly unamused.
"Sabrina will tell you." Alex snapped while laying down on the back seats. "I'm getting some sleep."
"Well?" Jared stared down at me, waiting for an explanation.
"Well what? It's a street race, these things happen...." I say as though it's the most obvious thing ever. "The race was different, Dean didn't close the streets. We were racing in traffic.
"Hold up, please tell me you won at least... I kinda need that 10 grand" He looked slightly alarmed.
"Of course don't be stupid, we just gotta head down to apartytopickitup." I rush out looking at out the window.
"Wait what?" He brakes harshly at the red light.
"She said... 'We need to go to a party to pick up the money' jeez." Alex abruptly let out.
"You are really something you know that Sabrina?" He sucked his teeth and threw me a dirty look.
"But you love me though." I grin widely at him.
"Yeah? How'd you figure that one?" He laughed.
"Otherwise you wouldn't be here." I smirk at his expression.
"Shut up" Is all I get in response which confirms what I said. "We are here, jump out go get it and hurry up. And make sure there isn't one else scratch on that car. Otherwise you're a dead girl"
"Alex are you coming?" I bob my head back into the car after climbing out.
"Am I fuck." She let's out not opening her eyes or moving.
I exchange a look with Jared, holding back a laugh and walk up to the booth, where yet another Middle Age overweight man sat. This time biting into a chicken wrap. He froze when he saw me approaching instantly dropping the wrap going red in the face.
"Evening miss." He said as professionally as he could.
"Evening, I'm here for Car 107 brought in about two hours or so ago?" I smile sweetly at him.
"One second." He turned to his computer and began searching for the car. "Here it is. Ah. Oh." His face fell.
"Oh? What's Oh? What wrong?" I asked shitting myself.
"Well you don't look like a Cole Lyons to me, only the owner of the can get the car out from the impound." He sighed going back to his chicken wrap ignoring my presence.
Rude prick.
I stomped back to the car seriously worrying that Cole was actually gonna chop my tits off.
As I climbed back into the car I slammed the car door causing Alex to jump up.

"EARTHQUAKE!!!!" She screamed rubbing her eyes. Me and Jared simultaneously turned our heads to face her with WTF written on our faces. "Bitches" She sighed laying back down after realising where she was.

"What happened?!"Jared asked turning to me.
"The prick wouldn't give me the keys?" I slouched in the seat. "Apparently I'm not Cole enough." I flopped my arms like a spoilt child.

"Hold up, let me try" Jared got out of the car and approached the booth.

5 minutes later Jared came back with his tail between his legs.

"What happened?" I raised my eyebrow actually surprised that he failed.
"No ID. I almost had him, He was just about to hand over the keys then the twat asked for my ID." He slumped into his seat.
"I am so fucked, Cole is gonna fuck me up, what am I gonna do!?" I drop my head into my hands.
"For God sake. Stop with the pity party" Alex pipes up, I snap up my head and shoot her daggers. "Never send idiots to do a geniuses job." She flipped her hair behind her back got out the car and approached the booth.
Me and Jared watched in amazement as she spoke to the twat for 30 seconds and she had him laughing and handing over the keys.
"Is she a witch?" He turned his face to me but his eyes still on her.
"I think so." I nodded not taking my eyes off her also.
2 minutes later she was driving out the impound in Cole's Ferrari, parking it level to ours.
"So where's this party at" She looked at us both like we were useless children.
"Smug bitch" I thought I said quietly enough but she apparently still heard me.
"What was that?!" She shot me evils.
"LoveYouThankYouFollowUs." I rushed out smiling at her sweetly.
"That's what I thought" She flipped us off as we pulled away first.
"Asshole" I laughed shaking my head.