16. "It was a mistake."

A/N: CHAPTER DEDICATED TO Purplefacey

She's active, and in my new story😋 I have a messed up schedule, but I think I'll publish it after 'It's been a year' is finished.

-

"He kissed me," Nadia smirked.

Nadia's parents were frozen, not expecting something so low from their eldest daughter (idk if she's the oldest, but let's just she is, in this story).

Ruby looked completely oblivious, good. Now I know she wasn't in on Nadia's evil plan.

Johnny glanced over at Nadia for a second, then looked back at his mom, who's eyes were bulged open.

"You cheated?!?!" Meredith screamed, still not believing her own son would do that. Well, he would. And he did.

"Yeah..." He discontinued himself.

Meredith quickly ran over to me, hugging my neck. "Oh, Kenzie. I thought you were pregnant with another baby."

I sadly chuckled. I don't know what's gotten into me. Usually, I would cry, but not this time. I didn't feel anything. I didn't have any feelings. I was... numb.

"I wouldn't have invited the Turner family if I knew, I'm sorry," she whispered, making sure no one heard.

Meredith and I were really close, just like how my mom and Johnny were really close.

I stole a glance at Johnny, who had his hands in his face, his head slammed against the table.

I huffed, storming out of my seat, and walking over to Johnny.

Lauren had no idea what was going on. She didn't understand most of the words we were saying, so I don't have to worry about her asking questions.

I took Lauren off of his lap, resulting in Johnny and I's hands to brush. I shrugged it off, trying my best to ignore the butterflies.

I placed Lauren on the floor, and I held her hand to the swings.

Annie's parents still have a slide and a couple swings from when Annie was a child. I guess they still keep it up for Hayley to use.

I placed Lauren on one of the baby swings, as I began pushing her. Hayley joined me later on, and I got caught up with her a little bit.

I turn my gaze back to the table full of people, who were just talking. Next thing I know, Johnny and Nadia are walking side-by-side, to the swings.

I revert my attention back to Hayley, who was talking about her school crush, I was really hoping Johnny didn't notice me staring at them.

They got seated on the swings. I was kept my eyes fixed on Hayley, although I kept my ears out for those 2. While continuing to push Lauren, I could still see those 2 out of the corner of my eye.

"So michelle said, that Channelle said, that Jessica said, that Lexi said, that she didn't like the color of my sweater. Can you believe her?! She's so rude!" Hayley gossips, totally acting like a diva.

Johnny and Nadia were just talking. They were exchanging words between each other, but I couldn't make out what they were saying due to them being so quiet. I wasn't that far away.

Johnny's hands were on his lap, and he was swinging lightly back and forth on his feet.

Nadia placed one of her hands on his. I swear to god I'll kill her when I have the chance.

Johnny looked down uncomfortably at his hand, looking back up at Nadia.

Hayley's back was facing both Johnny and Nadia, so she couldn't see anything that was going on.

But Lauren could. She was full on glaring at Nadia, balling her cute little hands into fists. "I'm going to smack that ginger right across the face," Lauren retorted.

I chuckled at her words. Johnny and Nadia couldn't hear us, just like how we couldn't hear them.

Johnny used his free hand to take Nadia's off of his lap. He stared back up at her, glaring. This time I could actually hear them, they were talking loudly.

"Don't do that," Johnny spoke.

Nadia just scoffed. "I'm sure Annie has told you about my feelings towards you." Johnny nodded, as Nadia continued. "So why don't you just take me? It's not like you're ever going to get Mackenzie back."

"I'm not going to 'take you'. I've never felt that way about you." Johnny crossed his arms, as I smiled. He never liked Nadia in that way, or he's just lying. My smile dropped.

"If you never felt that way about me, then why would you kiss me?"

"I was caught up in the moment," Johnny explained. But Nadia didn't seem too convinced. He proceeded after. "I never liked you in that way. And probably never will, knowing you're a fake friend. You used her to get to me, which is wrong."

"Says the one that cheated on his wife," Nadia snickered.

Johnny glared at her, then ran his hands through his hair. "It was a mistake. How many times do I have to say that?"

"Till you realize it wasn't. When are you going to finally realize that you belong with me?" Nadia pleaded. Desperate much.

"Never. Because I don't belong with you. I belong with Kenzie, and I'll do whatever has to be done to get her back."

For some weird reason, I smiled. He still loves me.

Without another word said, he got off of the swing, walking back to his seat on the table.

Nadia stared at the floor, embarrassed because he left her hanging.

I hate her so much. She got out of her seat as well, and made sure to glare at me before placing her fake butt on the table.

I swung Lauren for a few more minutes, while continuing to 'listen' to Hayley talk about her school gossip.

I eventually put her down, and all 3 of us walked back to the table.

Johnny and his mom were in a heated up conversation, probably something about the divorce. Nadia's parents looked like they were giving her 'the talk', which was hilarious. She's 22.

Ruby was trying to hold back her laughs. Hayden sent me a sorry look, and mouthed 'I hope you're not mad about us lying to you.'

I shrugged it off, mouthing back an 'It's fine.' They're my real friends, that were always there for me.

Johnny probably told Hayden to tell me that he wouldn't come. He wanted me to be there, when he told everyone about the divorce.

Now that I think about it, it would be awkward to forgive him. Everyone would just think I'm desperate for him, if I forgive him. I mean, he cheated on me!

Not to mention, talking about this in the future would just make us both uncomfortable. Not that I'll ever forgive him, I was just wondering. That's all.

Nothing else really interesting happened that day. I hung out with Annie most of the time. Lauren and I drove home, and the rest of the day was filled with me watching movies and eating popcorn.

I didn't cry that day. I don't know if it was because I was numb, or if I didn't have anything to cry about.

He doesn't like Nadia. She literally gave herself to him, and he didn't take her. He doesn't want her. He still wants me. 

-

A/N: I think this is the only one of my stories that has a well-written beginning. 

-1231 Words.

-