15. "You coward."

A/N: CHAPTER DEDICATED TO Kittylover_epic

Stay active for a deidication.

-

MACKENZIE'S POV:

I returned the divorce papers back to my mom this morning. She'll hand them in and do whatever has to be done.

Hayden and Annie invited me to some sort of family gathering. They told me Johnny wouldn't be there, so I accepted the offer.

My mom was also invited to it, but she didn't want to come. She won't tell me why she didn't want to come.

Lauren was coming too. I haven't really spent much time with her these past few days, I've been so focused on the divorce. But a kid needs attention from her mother, so I'm bringing her.

Lauren hasn't seen her father in 2 days. She begs me to go to Hayden's house, so we can see him. I feel bad for telling her no. But I can't see him. I just can't.

I threw on a pair of jeans, with a plain blue hoodie to match. I dressed Lauren into a black skirt the babysitter got her a few days ago. She picked out her shirt. It was short around the sleeves and red.

I shook my head, not liking her choice of style. "No, don't choose something red. Red resembles love, and love hurts. Don't choose something that hurts."

I pick up a black long shirt from her closet, dressing her. I rolled up the sleeves of them just so it makes the outfit look better.

I love dressing her. It makes me feel like I have my own living, breathing Barbie doll.

We drove over Annie's parent's house. Why there, you ask?

Well, they have the biggest backyard. I know Annie's parents kind of kicked her out, but they're still her parents.

Lauren and I walked over to the backyard door, hand in hand. It was made out of wood, and was also locked. I knocked on it a few times, before Hayden creaked open a tiny bit of the door. 

"Hey!" He nervously let's out.

I crease my eyebrows, confused. Why was he nervous?

He flings the door wider, as I widen my eyes.

I look around the room, locking eyes with someone extremely familiar. Johnny.

Hayden and Annie told me he wouldn't be here! Those little liars played me! No wonder my mom didn't want to come, she knew Johnny would be here! Why didn't she tell me?

Johnny was wearing the usual jeans and t-shirt. I looked him up and down multiple times, but my attention kept reverting to his lips. I want to feel them again.

But I won't do that to myself. I promised myself I would kiss him one more time, and I did. I won't be gready, like he is.

I wasn't giving him the affection he wanted, so he went to Nadia for some.

Johnny and I gazed into each other's eyes, not bothered by the stares of the other people in the room.

I snap out of my little daze, continuing looking around the room. 

There was a huge table, filled with food and several chairs surrounding it.

Johnny's mom was here. Although his dad wasn't. I'm not surprised, he doesn't show up to family events often. Annie's, Hayden's, and Nadia's parents were also here. 

That's right, Nadia is here.

She had a smug look on her face, slumped into her seat. She was seated beside Johnny, who looked very disturbed.

Ruby, Nadia's little sister was seated on the other side of Nadia. She was on her phone, as usual. She was never one to really be social. Hayley, Annie's little sister, was also here.

I untangle my hands from Lauren's, walking over to the only seat open, which was next to Annie and Hayley. I was across from Johnny, that was the only negative. Hayden was beside Annie, who had his fingers wrapped around hers. 

Hayley was smirking at the sight of those two. She's 9, seeing a couple at that age is just awkward. I saluted her, and sat down at my seat.

Lauren immediately runs to Johnny, engulfing him in a tight hug. Johnny chuckled, placing Lauren on his lap.

He kissed her forehead, muttering an "I missed you." He looked down at her outfit, frowning. "Why are you wearing all black?"

"Well, I wanted to wear a red shirt. But mommy says red resembles love, and love hurts. She didn't want me to get hurt, so she changed me into a black shirt."

Johnny shot his head up to me, as I glared at him. What makes you think you can look at me?

Once he saw my facial expression, he looked back at Lauren.

Nadia purposely brushed Johnny's shoulder, lightly. I tensed up at the sight of those two.

I don't want him interacting with her. I know I'm not the boss of him, and I can't tell him what to do. We're not married anymore, I don't own him. But I really don't want him talking to Nadia.

I mean, she's he cheated on me, with her. You can't blame me for not wanting them together. Johnny can hang out with other girls, we need to move on eventually. But just not Nadia. I'm sure I would get jealous if I found out he was seeing another girl soon...

I would be heartbroken. It's sad knowing I'll never move on, and he will.

Annie and Hayden were talking to Hayden's parents, but Annie noticed how Nadia brushed Johnny's shoulder and reverted her attention to me, zoning out of the conversation she had with Hayden and his parents.

Annie grabbed my hand, squeezing it. "Don't let them get to you. You're better than that," Annie whispers, only loud enough for me- and probably Hayden- to hear.

Meredith cleared her throat, as everyone silenced and turned to her. "Johnny, you gathered us here to tell us something. What is it?"

"You gathered us here? Hayden and Annie told me you wouldn't be here, that's why I came," I blurted out, instantly regretting it.

Do you ever accidentally say your thoughts out loud? Well, this is one of those times for me.

Meredith tilted her head. "Wait, what? Why wouldn't you want Johnny to be here?" Meredith wondered.

I chuckled, angrily. "You coward, you really didn't tell her about the divorce?!" My voice was raised, and everyone's attention was now on us.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Nadia smirk. I swear to god I will slap her and shove her weave in an ocean.

"What?! Divorce?! I never knew anything about a divorce?!" Meredith exclaimed.

Johnny awkwardly glanced between me and his mother. "Yeah. That's why I actually called you all here. Kenzie-"

"Mackenzie," I corrected him. "Only my friends can call me Kenzie, and you're not my friend."

"Mackenzie..." Johnny corrected himself. "And I are getting a divorce."

The crowd- except Annie and Hayden, they already knew- gasped.

"W-What happened? You guys were so happy?!" Meredith facepalmed.

"Happy," I repeated her words, scoffing while doing so. "Yeah, Johnny. Tell us, what happened?" I said in the best innocent voice I could, acting clueless.

He gulped, scratching the back of his neck uncomfortably. "Well..."

"He kissed me," Nadia smirked.

-

A/N: Doing a double update.

-1210 Words.

-