Chapter 3

[Nayeon's POV]

Finally! The lesson were over and some students grabbed their bag and went out paired. Some were still talking with each other in a group. They just reminded me of Jennie that used to walk with me. 'Wait, now I'm missing her? No way.'

As I strolled out of the classroom, a familiar man could be seen from afar. He was heading out of the school's gate but stopped when his phone rang. He took out his phone and waiting for the other line to speak.

"Taeyong-ah. Let's walk together," I hung up and ran before he disappeared. Just in case he ignored what I asked.

*****

Since he didn't want us to walk side by side, one of us needed to step at least 3 steps to the front or to the back.

I know he was actually asking ME to go forward or backward. Not him. Why would he mentioned 'one of us'. Before anyone could see us together, I strode three steps forward and looked back at him to see his satisfying face. Instead of that, what he did was moving backward.

I stopped and asked him, "you said 'one of us' and that person was me. Why did you move too?"

"Looks like you don't heard me well. What I said was 'at least 3 steps' and I moved to the back by 4 steps," he clicked his tongue. He didn't move his feet so our distance would still the same.

"Are you serious?"

He answered with a nod. I rolled my eyes and turned my body back. 'Of course. What do you expect from him, Lee Nayeon? And what's the point of walking together?' I scoffed.

Not long after that, a guy came to our direction. Well, a handsome guy who was also in our school.. I mean, from my point of view at least. Specifically, that guy who sat in front of me.

"Kim Dong Hee! Why are you here? Uh I mean.. your house is that way," I pointed to the opposite way of where he was going.

"Ouh. I left my earpiece in the drawer. Need to get that back before it losts," he explained. I nodded in response.

"Oh and exam's coming up. Do you want to study together?"

"Sure. Only us?"

"I.. think so," he said, scratching the back of his neck.

"Oo..kay," I smiled.

"See you at the school library," he waved his hand while walking in reverse way. Donghee returned the smile before turning back around. 'Gosh'.

"You seriously are easy to fall, right?" Taeyong suddenly blocking the beautiful view.

"Aish". I ignored him and just went straight to where we were headed too. But then, a cheerful loud sound could be heard not far from where we stood.

'ICE CREAM MOVING VAN!!!!!'

Before the van moved further away, I ran as fast as I could and waved my hand in the air so the driver saw me from the side mirror.

Luckily, the van stopped at the nearest playground and kids started to line up. No matter how fast I ran, I was the last one in the long queue.

"Now you want to eat ice cream? You look fat already," no one else than Taeyong could say that to me. Was that include in dissing? Again, I just ignored him.

"About that guy just now.. I think he likes you," he smirked.

"What? No he isn't. Who likes a potato?"

"Yeah. Right. I forgot," he grinned. He really know how to make me hated him.

We both bought the same flavour by our own money and continued to walk to our destination. And the distance between us was still the same. None of us were talking since we enjoyed the taste of the ice cream.