Chapter 1

[Nayeon's POV]

My teacher took 30 minutes of my break time so there was only 10 minutes left for me to have a meal with my bestfriend, Jennie.

"Oh my god!! That's Taeyong!!!" Jennie whispered while swinging my hand back and forth rapidly. I have known that she had a crush on him and I haven't told her that he was my stepbrother. Jennie would fangirled over him, even a small thing that he did. She would followed whatever Taeyong asked her to do without objection.

'So this is where he went to.. it's so brave of him to skip the class,' I thought while walking to the counter. 'And he's sleeping..' I scoffed.

I bought a tin can drink and put it on the table after I took a sip of it. Before I could realised, Taeyong had already woken up. When I was busy talking with Jennie, a girl put something in a tin can of mine.

Taeyong saw it and knew that Jennie witnessed what had happened. When I wanted to drink it, he caught that Jennie was smiling. He knew she had a bad intention so he walked to my direction and snatched it from me. He then gave it to Jennie instead and asked her to drink it until she felt something in her mouth, or better, in her throat.

Jennie was terrified but still took it so I wouldn't be suspicious of her. Her eyes were begging for help but curiosity filled in my head but my heart didn't have the right feeling.

"Stop!" I strictly said when she was almost put her lips onto the mouth of the tin followed by frowning at Taeyong because of his attitude towards her. Jennie said that she could drank it if that what was taeyong wanted.

I was afraid if something happened after she drank it so I aggressively took it from her and poor it into the sink nearby. I was surprised when I saw a tiny straight metal came out from the tin. It was a needle.

"You're almost die if I don't save you. Thanks to me then," he left when he saw that I was still standing in front of the sink, staring at the needle while Jennie was only one meter away from me.

"What is this, Jen? Are you trying to kill me?!" I exclaimed, not worrying about all the eyes were now on us.

"I didn't do anything! I don't even know the needle was in there. We both were talking with each other earlier so why are you putting all the blames on me?!" She attacked, trying to make herself innocent.

No. I didn't believed what she said. I knew almost everything about her and lately, she was acting weird. She had pushed me off the cliff 'accidentally' but thanks to Taeyong's alertness, he grabbed me by my arm quickly.

"Stop it, Jen! I'm tired of your games and just give your f**king explanation!"

"You want an explanation? Fine! Here's the explanation. I HATE YOU NAYEON!! I hate that Taeyong was always there for you. What's your relationship with him?! You knew I like him but whenever he near you, you wasn't even try to make a gap between you two. He didn't realise I was there beside you ALL the time! So I made a planned that if you wasn't here, things would be easier," She finished her last sentence with a smile.

"Huh? You wanted to kill me just because you are jealous? HUH? You were the one who didn't want to speak with him cause you were afraid that you would blushed and you asked me to go to him. And now you're telling me all of this like I was the one at fault. And my relationship? Why would I tell it to a FAKE friend who couldn't be trusted?" I stormed out of the room as soon as I stopped spitting out my words without any regrets.

'Telling my relationship with him? Hell no. Not to you. Not to anyone. Never. I won't let everyone know, especially after what they saw at the canteen. I can't believed he did that to me in front of everyone!' My thought was interrupted when a voice suddenly appeared. "I heard that".

I turned around and saw Taeyong standing straight with his right hand in his pocket. 'What did he heard? My thought? Is he a mind-reader or something? No it couldn't be. It must be something else'.

"I mean.. I heard the two of you were fighting. Damn, that was loud," he giggled.

"Don't you have other things to say?" I said with annoyed. It bothered me to think what had happened.

"I do. I have a question. Why are you hiding about our relationship?" He asked.

"Well, not after THAT incident," I broke the eye contact between us and just looked at the garden outside the window. 'Wow. I never knew we have a beautiful garden'.

"What incident?"

'Oops. I shouldn't mentioned that. Oooh boy. This will be awkward'. Our eyes were now landed on each other again. I didn't utter a word and I remembered about what had happened at the canteen between me and him.

"Ooh.. I remember... about the kiss right?" He smirked.

"Shut up". I turned around and walked to my classroom before the bell rang.