Gavin x Male! Reader

Tittle: One Sided

Author's note: A request for a sweet bab!  UnburnableBoi!

Y/N's P.O.V

Another day at this police station, but there's a reason why it's worth it. That reason was Gavin Reed. I mean, some say that's not a valid reason. But it's a good enough reason for me.

I want to ask him out on a date tonight! If he's not busy that is, I can always reschedule I guess. The worst he can say is his usual "Phuck off". It's just that, I might also confess my feelings to him. Only if tonight goes well, then we might even be a thing after this.

I took a deep breath and looked around the station. He's either at his desk or the breakroom, anywhere else is quite rare. Getting my confidence together and straightening out my clothes, I looked around for the detective.

He wasn't at his desk, he might be in the breakroom. But when I checked, he wasn't there either. Is the world finally coming to an end? Gavin Reed, not in any of his natural habitats, I must be either high or drink if he's not there.

I looked around and finally saw him outside the DPD. Maybe going for a smoke or a breather for his break? Either way, I found him. I took my jacket since it was chilly outside and slung it on. I must have scared him when I busted out the door, he flinched and dropped his lighter.

"Jesus Christ Y/N! Don't do that, now why are you out here? Last I checked you didn't smoke."

"Oh, um, Gavin I came out here for you."

"For me? Why, don't tell me Fowler needs me right now! I'm on break!"

"Oh no Gavin! I swear that it's, kinda important if you look at it some other way-"

"Just spit it out Y/N. I don't have all day."

"Well,um. Do you want to go on a date?"

"A what-"

"A date! I mean if you want too!"

"Why?" He questioned, guess I'll have to confess right here then.

"Why? Because I like you Gavin, I can't get you out my head and you always make me blush with that smirk or even your smile. I just like everything about you-." He put his hand up signaling me to stop and took a puff of his cigarette.

"That's cute and all Y/N, but. I'm not gay and I don't like you like that. Your just a friend to me."

That actually crushed me inside, but I didn't want to let it show. My smile fell and my cheeks turned back to their normal shade.

"I-I understand. F-forget I asked." I walked back inside, feeling Gavin's eyes burn holes in the back of me while I walked to the restroom. I slammed and locked the door, finally letting the dam burst and the waterworks flow.

Why did it hurt so much? It was just a simple "No". Not like he did anything else.

But Damn, Does it Hurt.