Chapter 1

Laura's POV/

Hey I'm Laura. Let me tell you a little about my life. Basically it's been a living hell. It's just me living in this orphanage for at least 3 or 4 years now. It's bullshit! No one, and I do mean no one will adopt me. It's just the worst living here. This tragic thing that led me to the orphanage started 2 years ago before I got in here.

*Flashback*

Damiano: You worthless piece of shit! (punches Laura in the face hard

Laura:(falls on the ground crying) D-Dad stop!

Damiano: Don't tell me what to do! (kicks her stomach and all over her body)

Laura:(coughing up blood)

Damiano: Don't get blood on my carpets bitch! (kicks her in the face)

Vanessa:(sees everything that's happening) Laura! (runs up to Laura pushing Damiano away from Laura) What have you done to her!? She coughing up blood for pete's sake! And all you're doing is beating her! What kind of father are you!?

Damiano: The kind of father who has two shitty daughters to take care of! (kicks Vanessa in the head and all around her body)

Vanessa:(hits the wall hard) (unconscious)

Laura:(cries) Vanessa! Vanessa wake up! (looks at Damiano) You're the worst dad ever! You are just a pathetic, fucking monster!! How could you do this to Vanessa and I?!

Damiano: Shut up! I don't care about you two! You're just a big waste of time! You know, when your mother had you and Vanessa I didn't want you but your mother just had to keep you two! I don't want to be your father and I never will!

Laura: You'll never be a father! No wonder mom left you!!

Damiano: That's it! (picks her up off the ground and throws her across the room)

Laura:(hits the wall hard and falls down unconscious)

*A few hours later*

Laura:(wakes up) (looks around) W-What am I doing here? Where am I?

doctor:(walks in) Hello Ms. Marano, nice to see that you're awake

Laura: Where am I? And how did I get here?

doctor: Well you're in the hospital and some neighbor of your's heard screaming and so they called the cops and took your father away to jail. Then they called the hospital and brought in you and some other girl

Laura:(eyes widen) Where's Vanessa?!

doctor: Who's Vanessa?

Laura: The other girl who was brought in here

doctor: Oh she's in critical danger. I'm so sorry

Laura:(tears up) Is she gonna be alright?

doctor:(nods)

*End of flashback*

The doctor lied. Vanessa dies 8 days later. It was just heart breaking. For all I know my so called 'dad' just killed his own daughter. I know he doesn't give a crap out that but he just caused a murder and could be in jail for.. well till his whole life. I can't believe he would do that. He wasn't always like that. When I was like 9 or 10 my mom passed away. It was a big grief that the whole family had. My dad's solution to take the grief away was just drink and abuse Vanessa and I. It was horrendous. I've never seen him like that before. I just want to get the heck out of this place! It is no fun to be around for 4 years. I hope someone will adopt me soon. Gosh! I miss my old family, you know before my mom and sister passed away and before my dad was an alcoholic. I just want the life I once had. The life I had when I had a family... Since my mom and sister are dead and my dad is in jail I will never get that family I once had again....

End of POV/

Laura:(holds a picture of her mom, Vanessa and her together) (cries) I miss you guys so much...

Jennifer:(walks in) Laur-- Oh sorry

Laura:(wipes her tears) It's okay. What's up?

Jennifer: Heather wants you downstairs

Laura:(nods) Okay, just give me a minute

Jennifer:(nods and walks out)

Laura:(wipes more tears that are falling) I hope this talk is gonna be good (walks downstairs)

Heather:(their orphanage's guardian) You're gonna love her (sees Laura) Oh! And here she is now

Laura:(walks up to them)

Heather: Laura, I have some exciting news. You're getting adopted! (smiles big)

Laura:(Smiles) Really!?

Heather:(nods) Yup. By this wonderful couple

Stormie:(smiles) Hi, I'm Stormie Lynch and this is my husband Mark. We are very happy to adopt you Laura

Laura:(smiles) Thank you very much. You're heart's are mighty big for adopting me

Mark: You're welcome sweetie (smiles)

Heather: Laura, why don't you go pack your things

Laura:(nods and runs upstairs to her room) (shuts the door and screams) I'm having a family! (does a happy dance)

Jennifer:(her roommate) (looks at her weirdly) Please stop dancing!

Laura:(stops and blushes in embarrassment) Sorry (packs her things)

Jennifer: I here you're getting adopted

Laura:(nods) Yup! I am so excited! After 4 years I get to have a family again

Jennifer:(smiles) I'm happy you're getting a family

Laura:(smiles) Thanks. I hope you get one real soon. I'm gonna miss you

Jennifer: Don't worry about me and I'll miss you too

Laura:(smiles) Well I better get going

Jennifer:(nods) Bye Laura (waves goodbye)

Laura:(waves and walks downstairs with her luggage bag)

Heather: Well this is goodbye Laura

Laura:(hugs Heather) Bye Heather (whispers in her ear) Please get a family for Jennifer soon

Heather:(hugs back) (smiles and whispers) I will

Laura:(pulls away) Well goodbye

Heather: Bye sweetie

Stormie: Well let's get going

They get in the car and drive away

I hope you guys like it! :) Sorry for the swearing but that'll happen in this chapter. Don't forget to comment and vote! :)