nine

Caelum can't help but cry as he falls into Aerglo's arms, the alien having been waiting impatiently for the cruel human to leave.

"Are you alright?" Xe asks softly, breath tickling Caelum's ear.

Caelum nods weakly despite the pain rooted deep inside his bones.  Aerglo frowns, helping the small human carefully into bed.  Once Caelum is sitting xe looks around the small room in search for the things the boy once used to heal xem.  Xe finds the rubbing alcohol and something called Hydrogen Peroxide.  Caelum takes both bottles from xyrs hold and grabs a few cotton balls.  He begins cleaning the cuts and scratches left on his skin.

With every wince and whimper that falls from the boy's lips, Aerglo's rage increases.  He's never felt so protective of something (of someone) as now, not even back home.

"Let me," xe says, taking a soaked cotton and gently dabbing it onto Caelum's skin.

Caelum grimaces at the sting, but forces himself to relax.

They don't speak.

Not for the longest of times.

"Thank you, Aerglo," Caelum whispers.

"Hm, you are welcome, eno elttil."

The younger boy grabs a clean cotton and some alcohol, ready to return the favor by treating the alien's wound.  

But Aerglo shakes xyr head, "I am fine, eno elttil, you should rest."

Reluctantly, Caelum agrees but not without insisting that Aerglo join him.  Caelum, slightly disoriented from a harsh blow to the head, cuddles against the alien.  The warmth radiating from the extraterrestrial is like a furnace keeping the cold at bay.

The alien furrows xyr brows.  Aliens are not typically cuddly, nor do they show more than friendliness toward their comrades and family.  Although they show concern, they're mostly indifferent.

Unless, it's toward someone they trust with their lives and develop something akin to (human) love.  

Unless, it's their mate.

Aerglo carefully wraps xyr arm around Caelum and without a second thought, pulls him closer.

Xe closes xyr eyes and takes a deep breath.  When xe opens them, xe reveals bright purple eyes glistening like galaxies, swirling with stars.  The pupils dilate with the human's intoxicating scent, soft and sweet, filling xyr senses.

"Eno elttil, em ot gniod uoy era tahw?"