Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

LUCY'S P.O.V.

I let out a bored sigh. I had nothing to do. Sting gave me the day off so I could get some rest and recharge my strength. But besides training with Sting, I had nothing else to do. So, I summoned Loke.

"How may I help you, princess?" Loke asked.

"Do you have any spellbooks? I want to raise my magic." I said.

"Of course." He said, pushing up his glasses before going back to the Spirit World. He came back with a big spellbook and handed it to me before explaining some of the details about it.

I thanked him and sent him back as I flipped through the book in anticipation.

"Let's see... Celestial Starfall... too hard... Fusing... later... This one!" I said to myself.

It was a moderately easy attack. I just needed to concentrate my magic into my hand and it would form a ball and then I could launch the ball at any target. I focused my magic into my hand. A small ball began to form, growing as large as my hand. I carefully launched it at an unoccupied table, but it still went flying, almost hitting Gajeel.

"Whoa!" Gajeel said ducking. "Who was that?"

"S-sorry Gajeel," I said sheepishly, scratching the back of my head.

"Bunny-girl? How did you do that?"

"Uh... I was just following instructions from this spell book."

"Tch. Not bad. Why aren't you with your team?"

"I left."

"Oh."

I punched Gajeel's arm after hearing his unsympathetic response. Even Sting was more sympathetic. I was surprised when the punch actually hurt him and not me.

"Ow! What the hell was that for?" Gajeel growled, rubbing his arm.

"For not saying something other than 'Oh'," I replied, crossing my arms defiantly.

Gajeel grunted and sat back down. I sat down at the bar and ordered a milkshake.

GAJEEL'S P.O.V.

Just how did bunny-girl get so strong? Her punch actually hurt. I thought to myself in confusion.

"Gajeel, what are you thinking about?" Lily asked, sensing my thinking.

"Just how bunny-girls punch actually hurt," I replied, looking at Lucy sitting at the bar drinking a milkshake. How does a small girl like that pack such a punch?

"Eh? Lu-chan managed to hurt you?" Levy asked looking up from her book.

I nodded numbly.

"I wonder what she's been doing this past week. That stupid Salamander hasn't been hanging around here lately. And she's been going out and coming back exhausted." I said out loud.

"That's because Natsu cheated on Lucy and she found out. It was on her birthday and their one-year anniversary. Lucy dumped him on the spot." Levy explained.

"I don't care about that. I just want to know where she's been going. She punched me and it actually hurt." I grumbled.

"I don't know. She doesn't tell anyone. I tried following her once but she ran too quickly." Levy said. "Maybe she just needs some time alone."

I nodded and went back to eating my iron.

LUCY'S P.O.V.

"Lucy, where have you been going the past week?" Mira asked.