-21- "Your Pal, Your Buddy, Your Bucky"

A/N: Before this chapter starts, I wanna thank and wiki fandom for helping me with all these chapters. I don't know what I'll be without it T-T

Lagos, Nigeria, 2016

"All right, what do you see?" asked Steve on the radio as Indiana added sugar to her cup.

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. Good target," said Indiana.

"There's an ATM in the south corner, which means..." said Steve.

"Cameras," Indiana sighed.

"Both cross streets are one way," said Steve.

"So, compromised escape routes," said Indiana.

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?" said Steve.

"Yeah. The red one? It's cute," said Indiana.

"It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us," said Natasha on the radio.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" said Wanda on radio, joining.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature," said Indiana.

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" asked Sam on the radio.

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" said Indiana.

"Eyes on target, folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him," said Steve.

The Avengers were on a mission to capture Brock Rumlow, or with his new alias 'Crossbone'.

"If he sees us coming that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us," said Sam.

Indiana looked outside the cafe she was sitting on, seeing a garbage truck pushing its way through the traffic, with no regard to pedestrians or other vehicles.

"Sam, see that garbage truck? Tag it," said Steve.

"Give me X-Ray," says Sam to probably Redwing. "The truck's loaded with max weight. And the driver's armed."

"It's a battering ram," said Natasha.

"Go now," said Steve.

"What?" said Wanda.

"It's not hitting the police," said Steve.

A man was sitting in the guard station. He looked over as the garbage truck came towards the gate. The driver jumped out, and the truck slammed into the guard station. Two trucks rushed into the compound through the newly-made hole. Soldiers in black armor emerged from the trucks, and started firing their rifles around the courtyard. Four soldiers fired gas canisters into the building. Soldiers that were wearing gas masks entered the building.

Indiana walked towards the station as her iron suit came flying to her. When she was fully suited, she flew to the soldiers and took some of the soldiers out.

 "Body armor, AR15s. I make 7 hostiles," said Steve.

"I make 5," said Sam.

"Sam," said Wanda firmly.

Indiana saw Sam glide down, catching a soldier with one of his wings. "Four." Redwing flied around the building, scanning it. "Rumlow's on third floor."

"Wanda, just like we practiced," said Steve.

"What about the gas?" asked Wanda.

"Get it out," said Steve.

Wanda used her powers to lift Steve up through the widow. Indiana takes this time to fight off the soldiers that were attacking her.

After a few minutes, Steve spoke through the radio. "Rumlow has the biological weapon."

"On it!" said Natasha.

"Sam. He's in an AFV heading north," said Steve.

After a few seconds, Sam replied, "I got four, they're splitting up."

"I got the two on the left," said Indiana, flying towards them.

"They ditched their gear. It's a shell game now. One of them has the payload," said Steve.

Indiana shoots at one of the soldiers, but he dodges. Indiana came to shoot him again when the other one holds out the vial.

"Drop your hand. Or I'll drop this," said the other mercenary.

"He'll do it!" said the mercenary Indiana was about to shoot.

Just then, Redwing flew and shoot the guy holding the vial. In the moment of distraction, Indiana shot  the other one and caught the vial before it hit the ground.

"Payload secure. Thanks, Sam," said Indiana, looking at Redwing.

"Don't thank me," said Sam.

"I'm not... thanking that... thing," said Indiana.

"His name is Redwing," said Sam.

"I'm still not thanking it," said Indiana.

"He's cute. Go ahead, pet him," said Sam. Indiana shook her head and gave the vial to Sam. She flew back to the station where Steve and Rumlow were still fighting. She landed on one of the buildings, able to hear some of they're conversation.

"Who's your buyer?" asked Steve.

"You know, he knew you. Your pal, your buddy, your Bucky," said Rumlow.

"What did you say?" said Steve.

"He remembered you. I was there. He got all weepy about it. Till they put his brain back in a blender. He wanted you to know something. He said to me, "Please tell Rogers. When you gotta go, you gotta go." And you're coming with me," said Rumlow. He activated a bomb, but Wanda used her  powers to hold back the explosion. She wanted to throw it into the air so no one'll get harmed, but she directed it towards the building Indiana was on. 

Indiana panicked and tried to fly away, but it was too late.