-19- "Elevator's Not Worthy"

Avenger's New Facility, Upstate New York

"The rules have changed," said Steve.

"We're dealing with something new," said Tony.

"Well, the Vision's artificial intelligence," said Indiana.

"A machine," said Tony.

"So It doesn't count," said Indiana.

"No, It's not like a person is lifting the hammer," said Steve.

"Nice guy, but artificial," said Tony.

"Thank you," said Steve.

Tony, Steve and Indiana were arguing about how Vision had lifted Thor's hammer, and Thor was standing between them, listening to their argument. They were walking down the hall to the back door.

"If he can wield the hammer, he can keep the Mind Stone. It's safe with the Vision and these days, safe is in short supply," said Thor.

There was a ten second silence when Indiana broke it. "But if you put the hammer on an elevator..."

"It'll still go up," said Tony.

"Elevator's not worthy," said Indiana.

Thor chuckled. "I'm going to miss these little talks of ours."

"Well, not if you don't leave," said Tony.

"I have no choice. The Mind Stone is the fourth of the Infinity Stones to show up in the last few years. That's not a coincidence. Someone has been playing an intricate game and has made pawns of us. But once all these pieces are in position..." said Thor.

"Triple Yahtzee?" said Tony.

"You think you can find out what's coming?" asked Steve.

"I do. Besides this one, there's nothing that can't be explained," said Thor. Indiana nodded goodbye to him before he returned to Asgard. It caused a burned circle in the grass he was standing on.

"That man has no regard for lawn maintenance. I'm gonna miss him though. And your gonna miss me. There's gonna be a lot of tears," said Tony.

The three walked towards Tony's car.

"I will miss you, Tony," said Steve.

"Yeah? Well, it's time for me to tap out. Maybe I should take a page out of Barton's book and build Pepper a farm, hope nobody blows it up," said Tony.

"The simple life," said Steve.

"You'll get there one day," said Tony.

"I don't know, family, stability. The guy who wanted all that went in the ice seventy-five years ago. I think someone else came out," said Steve.

Tony opened his car's door, but turned back.

"Take care, kid," said Tony.

"Will do, dad," said Indiana, smiling.

"Have fun," he said before getting in his car. He turned his head and looked at Steve. "You alright?"

"I'm home," said Steve, looking around the facility.

~~~

The Avengers gathered in the main hall of the facility. Rhodes was there in his War Machine suit, Sam in his Falcon suit, Indiana in her unique green and silver suit, Wanda, and Vision. Steve was standing in front of them with Natasha behind him.

"Avengers...!"

A/N: ROLE THE POST CREDIT SCENE!

Jk, the book isn't done yet. I mean, it's only the 19th part. Duh.

I just wanted to say the chapter after the next one will include spoilers for the Captain America: Civil War movie, and after that X-Men: Apocalypse. If you haven't seen them, I recommend doing it before continuing.

ANYWAYS STAY WORTHY MY DEPRESSED BITCHACHOS!

LuNa OuT!