Chapter 3 - Smile that Doesn't Exists.

Smile that Doesn't Exists.

"Come on we are almost there," Jeena said as she moved towards the elevator.

"Are you sure about it. I mean, are we allowed. I don't want to be thrown out from the country with property trespassing charges on me." I said getting in the elevator behind her as Jeena scoffed pressing the 'R' button for the rooftop.

"I work here, so I am pretty sure nothing will happen. Just don't drop the mountain dew cans in your hand." Jeena said, turning around to assure me while pointing towards the six mountain dew's tin-pack. I nodded but gulped still unsatisfied by her so-called, in-evident assurance and to be clear, why would I? It was dawn, and the sun wasn't up yet, not completely at least. The whole place was empty. Although, the guards let us in because they knew her, yet this was still a bad idea. What if something went wrong and we are busted for it for no reason just because we were here. One might call me paranoid, but this was stupid next to voting already rigged elections; a person already knows their vote doesn't matter.

"Come on." Jeena cheekily stated as the doors slid open and in came the view of the whole Sanfrasscio from where we stood, and it was breathtaking.

"This is..." I trailed off in awe, forgetting how fu**ing scared I was before.

"I know." She grinned proudly over her idea as she looked at the view for maybe a millionth of time yet I can understand why she still found it beautiful because it was.

I could see half of the Golden Gate surfaced and the rest was just clouds, on a distance as the reddish-orange colour of the bridge glowed in the sparkling under the sun rays while there was a soft pink glow with some, sort of blue curtain around it as the darker part of the night was fading away when the brightest of yellow was colouring the sky.

SubhanAllah was the only thing I could think about, but could not say because the word was stuck somewhere inside of me on the view.

Jeena moved forward, and just a halfway through, she set on the floor as she looked at the partially visible city. Even at this time, some buildings were lit up like Christmas trees. I took my place beside her at a distance as I placed the tins between us, to not make it seem awkward. The sky was getting a little clearer by the passing time but I could still see the moon, part of it at least. The city lights were not enough to dim the sky because that was the sun's job to do. There were other buildings around us that were blocking the rest of the city, maybe because we were not at such a high spot in comparison, but never the less it did not disturb the feeling in the pit of my stomach.

It felt amazing to see what truly exists.

"Still scared?" Jeena asked as she took a tin out and popped it open.

"Not until I do not look down. So, I am good." She nodded at my reply as she looked back at the front.

"So, how is life there?" Jeena asked when I was opening a tin for myself. I shrugged off not meeting her eyes. How is it to be exact? I mean what should I tell her about home.

"As it is supposed to be." Jeena scrunched her eyes may be confused by my answer.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I took a large sip and then turned my head in her direction.

"It's what the one living there thinks it is. Example for me, Pakistan is home, and life there is what my father decides for me. So, it's as it's supposed to be." I explained with scorn as I glanced away towards the front. I knew that Jeena was observing my face, but it was better to not go further. It was a crap-py situation anyway.