CHAPTER 13

LILY

"Have you heard from him?" I asked Ozai. 

"No. I do not expect to hear from him. If he comes back, then we will see him, if he doesn't, then we won't. Simple."

I was back in the library, hoping to entertain myself with a good story. I had not allowed myself to think of...him. There were passing thoughts, but I would quickly shut them down. 

However, though my mind had not thought of him, my heart on the other hand has ached ever since I knew he  left. I thought it was because I was hurt by him, but I realised that it was because I wanted to see him. I didn't like that. I didn't like that I wanted someone like him, a damned man. A sick monster. And a part of me is disgusted with myself. How could I want someone like him? What does that say about me? 

He repels and draws me in simultaneously. It's so confusing. It made me afraid of myself. Did I know who I really was? I was raised in a good home, with a loving family and pack. How could this side of myself exist? A darkness has awakened inside of me when I found who my mate was. As if he has given some of his own darkness to me? Or has it always been there, waiting to have the chance to manifest itself to me. I didn't know. I don't know what to think of anything anymore. 

"Two weeks have passed. You haven't uttered a word about Zeus  till now." Ozai stated. 

I had my hands on my braille book as I said, "Well you're very perceptive,"

He chuckles, "It's not something hard to notice,"

 "I don't care about him, have you ever thought of that? It's peaceful without him here."

"Really?" Ozai questioned. Almost like he found it hard to believe. 

I frowned defensively, "Yes. Why is that surprising?" 

I heard him smirk and nonchalantly shrug his shoulders, "It's not, no need to get all defensive. It's fine if you feel like that."

I coughed into my hand, "Oh," And laid them back unto the page, "Well I just wanted to know if you've heard from him or not so than I can prepare myself."

"For what?"

"For having no calm and peace in the house anymore."

"Right," He stood up, "Well I'll be sure to let you know if I hear from him or not," I didn't say anything. I just let Ozai leave and let him think whatever he thought concerning me and Zeus. It will be easier if him a long with everyone thought I was okay without Zeus. 

ZEUS

I shifted back into my human form and decided to walk. It was a nice scenery so why not? 

"So which witch are you going to see this time?"

I rolled my eyes, "Didn't I rip your heart out?" I yelled over my shoulder. 

"Yes you did, and I didn't like that by the way!"

I smirk, "That's the whole point, Demora."

She appears in front of me and smiles, "You've been away from home long enough, Zeus. Go back to your mate."

I walk around her as I say, "Not until I find a witch that will help me."

She ends up floating in front of me as I walked, "Help you with what?"

"If I told you, you'd redesign the curse so than I can't break it."

She laughs, "No, silly boy, I can't. I can add people of any kind to the curse, but I cannot tweak it at all. It is an irrevocable curse."