CHAPTER 6

I've been here three days. The only times I've seen Zeus was only at the dinner table which I am grateful for. 

I was sitting in their library with Donny who the Hellhounds have assigned to babysit me. I was surprised when I found a braille book. I was actually surprised they even had a library. I didn't think that these monsters would have an interest in reading. I grabbed the braille book and found that it was the Wuthering Heights. So I just sat there reading while Donny was playing on his phone. 

"What ya readin?" Donny asks.

"It's called Wuthering Heights." I answered

Donny huffs, "Sounds boring."

I roll my eyes, "You're just immature."

He laughs, "I am mature beyond my years, Darling."

I put the book down and asked curiously, "How old are you?"

"Well, I stopped ageing at around seventeen. But if I were to say how many years I've been alive, maybe around hundred and twelve years?"

My brows raised in shock, "How is that possible?"

"The Hellhounds ringed me into the curse."

I tilted my head, "How does that work?"

Donny sighed, "I've told this story so many times, but oh well. Long story short, they pretty much  killed my whole pack. I wanted to live so I offered my service in return for them sparing me. So now I serve them until the curse is broken."

Whoa, that's heavy stuff. "You're so casual about it. How could you be happy here? In the home of such wicked creatures?" I asked wanting to understand. 

"They're not wicked." Donny said slightly defensive. 

I nod my head, "Yes they are Donny, " I disagreed, "They have done wicked things. Disgusting things. How could you sympathise with them?"

I knew Donny was thinking. Thinking of a way to argue my point. I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact he was okay with them? 

"They have done wicked things, yes. But do they enjoy it? No."

"But how could they not enjoy it when they do it so carelessly. They do not value life."

"No, you've got it all wrong Lily."

I growled in frustration, "Then explain it Donny!"

"Look, Lil. They do the things they have to in order to be free. They have been killing since they were boys. They have become desensitised to it, but that doesn't mean they don't suffer from their own evil doings."

I sighed, "I can't believe I am mated to Zeus."

Donny chuckles, "Don't worry, things will look up soon enough."

ZEUS

Me and my brothers were sitting down in the snowy woods, around a fire. 

I breathed in my cigar and released it as I said, "You know what I miss the most?"

Ozai sat there with his own cigar, looking lost into the fire as he mumbles, "What is that, Zeus?"

"England."

Sozin nods his head, "Amen to that, brother."

"What year of England would you have missed the most?" Ozai asks. 

I pondered on this one, when was the last time I was truly happy, "England in the 1920s. We ruled the place, did we not?"

Sozin chuckles, "I've gotta admit, there are some sweet memories in those times."