Chapter 27 ~ Part 1

Once again thanks to all the fans, silent readers and those who have voted, I appreciate it greatly, this will be the last chapter before the epilogue, my journey with this story has come to an end and I am happy that so many tagged along with me, Blessings to all.

**************************************************************************

Kate

After I hung up from talking to Simone, I prayed that she took my advice and told Chris. I liked Eric but he had hurt my friend and unlike Simone I wasn't quite over that, but I knew everyone makes mistakes so I didn't hate him.

I then headed to bed and thanked God for blessing me with such a wonderful friend like Simone and for being patient with me while I blundered my way through life.

The next day I was getting ready to go visit Patrick before I went to church later on. I wanted to see how he was feeling today, yesterday he was a little under the weather. I really enjoyed spending time with him, and when I wasn't I realized that I missed him, it was obvious that I was starting to develop feelings for him but I was a little skeptical, if we did start a relationship I didn't know if it would work.

After I dressed and left the house I headed to the elevator and my cell phone went off, when I checked the ID I saw it was Chris.

"Hey buddy what's up, are you checking to make sure I have not killed your plants?"

"Hi Kate, no it's nothing like that, I trust you; I was just wondering if you have heard from Simone?"

"Oh well I spoke to her yesterday but not today, is something wrong with her?"

"Well I am not sure what's going on at the moment, I mean, yesterday we were able to clear stuff up between us but then she ran off, and never came back down stairs, I decided to give her some space to think, this morning after a few hours and still she hadn't come down, I decided to have her mom check on her; we then realized she was gone."

"Gone, what do you mean gone, as in kidnapped or she left?"

"I really don't think that it was a kidnapping especially since one of her luggage was missing as well, and the rental car is also gone."

"Oh dear, well have you tried calling her phone, I know she goes nowhere without it."

"I have actually but it appears to be off, and I have left at least five messages already."

"Ok, well I am not sure what's going on but I will try to reach her, if I hear from her I will contact you and have her call you as well."

While we were talking on the phone I heard a woman call Chris' name in the back ground, he asked me to hold on a second and then I heard them talking but couldn't quite make out what they were saying.

When he did come back to the phone, I was told that it was Simone's mother and she just found a note by her computer telling her that she had to take care of some business and went back home, but she should be back in a day or two.

"Oh so she is on her way here, but what business could she possibly have to deal with?"

"I don't know she didn't tell me anything but I have a feeling it has something to do with Eric."

'Eric, hmm what did she have to tell him that couldn't wait until her vacation was over?"

"I would hope it would be to tell him that she was in love with someone else but right now I am not even sure that is what it will be, not after the way she ran away from me. I don't know what to do."