Chapter 10

First off thanks to all who have been reading, who has voted and who comment, the kind words and inspirations are much appreciated and gives me the insight on where to go from here.

I am dedicating this chapter to Jewela for the encouraging words and best wishes for my finals.

Please enjoy, comment, vote if you like it too!!!!!!

*****************************************************************

I sat there shaking uncontrollably from the heavy sobs coming from deep within. I couldn't stop them, the tears just kept falling and it was like a damn had broken. I was definitely flooding Chris' shirt but he didn't say a word, he just held on to me.

As he made light circular motions in my back to try to soothe me, I could feel my body begin to gradually relax and the damn was quite possibly drying up. I had been crying so much in the last week alone I had not realized that I had anything left inside.

I had left work after Eric came and made his confession, I picked up the things I needed to cook dinner and headed home. When I got there, I took a shower, tidied up my condo and started cooking. Dinner was almost done and I had been listening to music which always made my work go faster.

Then the song 'From this moment' by Shania Twain came on and I started remembering all the good times Eric and I shared, we meet at a co-worker's of mines' wedding and that was the song that was playing when he asked me to dance and it was like I fell for him right away. He was always so amazing, kind, caring, loving and supportive and we could talk for hours about our future and plans we had.

After the dance we sat together and got to know each other, he gave me his number and told me that he hoped I would call him, that very night I did and the rest was pretty much history and now here I am setting my dining table and on the verge of tears.

I mean I knew we had a fight and all but that doesn't mean he needed to turn to someone else for comfort and I was starting to wonder if he had ever done anything like this before. We didn't have that many fights to begin with but things don't always go the way you want so if I was to forgive him and move past this would he do this again?

I was starting to lose my calm and since the food was done and everything was pretty much set, I had nothing else to distract me from my thoughts, I sat down on my sofa and let the tears fall, then I heard the knock at my door and glanced at my clock, Chris was one of the most punctual people I knew so there was no doubt in my mind it was him when I saw it was 7:27 pm.

I dried my eyes with a tissue and tried uneventfully to steady myself but when I pulled opened the door and saw him standing there with a great big smile on his face, my resolve was gone and I leapt into his arms. I obviously caught him a little off guard because he staggered a bit before regaining his footing and then placed a comforting arm around me.

We had somehow made our way to the couch where he was now trying to soothe me and I was finally composing myself slowly. I always felt safe with Chris he was one of my best friends and I knew I could always count on him.

But with how things were turning out lately I was beginning to wonder if people could even be trusted, Kate lied to me for who knows how long and now Eric betrayed me, I couldn't handle it if I lost Chris too.

"Simone what's wrong?" Chris asked probably realizing that I was no longer shaking and sniffing, but I wasn't ready to talk about it yet, I was just happy being safe and silent, at least for the moment.

I gently pulled away from him and looked into his piercing blue eyes, I smiled weakly, "let's eat first; I just need to collect my thoughts." I was already getting up from the sofa to head into the kitchen and bring out the food.