Chapter 25

Chris

So I slept a little later than I usually do but I did have a long, full day yesterday with Simone and her family who are amazing people. Now it is after 8 am and I decided to get up and spend some much needed quality time with God.

Do my devotion, read some scriptures and ask the Almighty to direct my words today, because I want to tell Sisi how I feel but I don't want to overwhelm her, I hope she doesn't run away or start avoiding me the rest of the trip.

Maybe I should wait until it is closer to when we have to head back, I love her but I don't want to lose her as a friend if she starts avoiding me, "Dear God, show me what I should do, send me the encouragement or help that I need to let Simone know how I feel about her, how I have always felt. Please God if this is the right thing to do then show me the way. I also ask that you allow her to be open and accepting of my words and if she doesn't feel the same keep her in my life anyways, in Jesus name, Amen."

Just as I ended my prayer and got to my feet I heard a knock at the door, I walked over to open it and found Simone's mom Faith smiling up at me.

"Good morning honey, I hope I am not disturbing you."

"Not at all Mrs. Marshall I just finished praying as a matter of fact, so you have perfect timing." I stepped aside so that she could enter the room.

"First of all, you either call me Faith or mom, both of my kid's friends have always called me that, and second I have made breakfast and was about to head out to run a few errands but I got the feeling that I should come see you."

I was surprised by what she just said, I knew the Lord worked in mysterious ways but He was working faster than I anticipated. Maybe I should talk to Faith about what has been going on in my head, I know she has not seen her daughter in years but she is her mother and who knows her better other than maybe Kate.

"Wow that is amazing, I was just asking God to help me with something and you show up."

"Well sweetie that is how God works at times, He always has either three answers for us; Yes, No or wait. Now what can I help you with?"

"Umm it's about Simone, I want to tell her something but I am not sure how she will react and I don't want things to get awkward between us especially since we just got here."

"I see, you want to tell her you love her but you are not sure if she feels the same, right?"

My mouth literally fell open, I mean how did she even knew what I was going to say, I have not told a single person and I only got here yesterday. I was stunned to the point that words failed me so I couldn't even respond to what she just said.

"Well from the look on your face, I take it I am right, so what you need to do is just talk to my daughter, you have known her for years so it's not like you are dealing with a stranger, be honest and trust in God I am sure He has never led you wrong before."

I had to admit, she was right, once I put all my trust and faith in God and not relied on my own strengths, He has always guided me right. So I was now surer than ever that this was what I was supposed to do, and whether Simone felt the same or not I was going to trust that God had a plan for me.

"I don't know how you knew but I am really glad I spoke to you this morning."

"Chris I knew because it is written all over your face, but you are welcome and anytime you need to talk, come and find me I am very non-judgmental and open minded."

"Thanks again, this talk was needed and now I have a lot more peace of mind, besides you have your errands to run so don't let me hold you up."

"You're welcome again, and yes I should be leaving, anyways I hope you guys don't stay indoors all day, it's beautiful outside, so maybe you can have a picnic or take a drive."