Chapter 7

"I can see you don't believe me and I completely understand if you don't. This is a lot to absorb." Greyson assesses me with somber blue eyes. He doesn't take action to approach me. Wise choice. I'd punch him in the face if he got any closer to me. 

I think of Leo. That scumbag is going to get a mouth full after I'm done with him. I can't believe he was in cahoots with this irritatingly good-looking nutcase. 

My fists clench and unclench at my sides. "You can't be serious. You're a werewolf." I point at him and laugh dryly. "That's the stupidest joke I've ever heard. My brother could come up with something more brilliant than that."

He frowns. "I'm not joking with you. I would never joke about something serious."

I snort. "Oh really...then prove it."

"You sure?" He looks a little skeptical and rubs the back of his head with one hand. "It might be too soon for you to see. I'm afraid i might scare you." He sounds believable, but he could be really good at acting.  

"I can handle it." In all confidence I place my hands on my hips eagerly waiting for him to laugh and say he's kidding. 

"If that's what it will take for you to trust me." He says with a smile on his face. "Before we proceed, let me just say you look lavishing in my shirt. You should dress like that all the time."

I bit my lip and grasp the edge of my--his--shirt pulling it down. "Shut up. I couldn't wear Lexie's shirt." I flush. "Stop stalling and show me already."

"Eager much?" He smirks. 

For whatever reason I blush. "Shut up and turn into a dog already."

"Wolf' He corrects me. "This is not an illusion, Celeste. My heritage links back to the first purebred Lycan, or as human's call them Werewolf--

I interject, because honestly...he needs to check in into an asylum. "I'm sorry, but were you dropped on the head as a baby?"

Before I could even blink, he has my wrists gripped with both his rough hands. His head tilts forward. My breath becomes slow and shallow afraid to breath. A growl vibrates from deep within his chest and his warm breath tickles my ear. I inhale sharply. I can feel his upper lip slide down the base of my neck, before his teeth gently graze it back up.

A sultry gasp escapes my lips when I feel the tip of his tongue carelessly trail a circle against my skin.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I yell and try to shove him off. "Are you a cannibal? You freak!" 

I feel fuzzy everywhere and my knees suddenly feel as though they lost strength. If Greyson hadn't removed his hands from my wrists and held me against him, I would have probably toppled on his bedroom floor.

Regrettably, it would have saved my heart of a coronary attack if I did.

If he doesn't let go of me soon, I'm going to die, or kick his precious jewels. 

Chest to chest, legs tangled in a looped mess; I don't think it possible to get any closer than this unless...

"As I was saying." His voice huskily puffs. "Because of my family's lineage, it is essential that we preserve our line. And as the eldest son, it's my duty to make sure this generation lives on to the next one. However, I can't take on the responsibility by myself. That's where you come in, Celeste. Without you I can't complete my life's mission. You are my survival--my people's survival."

His words render me silent and all I can do is remind myself to breathe. My thoughts are so scrambled up right now, I felt like my brain was just thrown into a blender. The voice of reason drums throughout my head, but the beat of my heart echoes louder in contrast. Something about him compels me and it scares the living shit out of me.

"If shifting into my wolf is what it takes for you to trust me than I will show you. Don't be scared, I would never hurt you."

Too late, I was already scared.

"Greyson." What was I going to say?

A rasped snarl vibrated from within his chest, then his shoulders trembled. His arms held tight like a constrictor, I felt like my ribs would crack anytime soon.

"It hurts." I cried.

He arched his back and his forehead rested into the crock of my shoulder. But his arms didn't let go, he held on to me like his life depended on it. The pads of his fingers pressed deep into the plains of my back and then something sharp replaced them. His nails felt like nails.

"Greyson, stop." I shook, trying to shake him off.

"You're mine. Don't try to escape." He hissed between clenched teeth but his voice sounded strained. He didn't sound the way he did earlier. He sounded angry.

The sound of fabric tearing caught my attention. I looked over his shoulder and to the plains of his back. The white shirt he wore stretched, then unexpectedly the threads stitched apart. The contours of muscles strained and to my utter terror, his shoulder blades divided and the deathly sound of his spine breaking inside his body made me want to vomit.

He didn't scream.

He didn't fall over.

He was still alive.

And he wouldn't let me go...

"Oh my god." This can't be real.

Bile hitched up my throat and I swallowed it, making me want to swallow it back up. The way his body twisted looked grotesque. Believe me, I screamed. I screamed like the earth was shattering and I was standing on the last piece of solid ground. I closed my eyes and he sensed it.

"Open your eyes, Celeste. I want you to watch this from beginning to end. How are you going to be able to trust me?" There was a hint of sadistic humor in his tone.

Trust him? How do you trust a guy turning into a monster?! 

When I didn't open my eyes, his arms unwrapped from around my back and his hands clinched my shoulders, pulling me back.

"Look at me," He growled.

Swallowing, I opened my eyes and Greyson was gone. No...he was still standing in front of me, holding me, but this wasn't Greyson. This felt like a whole different person. His eyes were no longer blue, they were shining bright yellow like a haunted moon. The look in them was pure possessed lust. Animalistic, if I describe it in one word.

"Look at me," He said again.

His nails dug into my shoulders and I cried from the hurt.

"Who are you?" I was scared of this side of Greyson.

"I..." He paused. Then suddenly he let go and threw his head back.

I saw his teeth elongate before he growled and rolled to his side on the floor. He wasn't weathering in pain-not at all. He looked to be curling into a ball, preparing his body for a massive change. In less than thirty seconds, his body completed some sort of transformation. Feet; paws, mouth; snout, butt; tail, and skin; black fur.

In front of me was fluffy.

NOTE: Dec 24, 2016

HAPPY HOLIDAYS YOU FREAKISHLY AMAZING PEOPLE!!! I'M BACK!!! I've graduated and I'm ready to write again after a year of constant chaos. I have edited this book again so you will find some changes to the style of writing. This book has been closed off from the public but I have made it visible once more. SO YOU BETTER BE GRATEFUL, you marshmallows! Let's make one thing clear though IF YOU COPY MY BOOK...I WILL FIND YOU.

BE WARNED. xo