Chapter 35

I know this story ended a little to fast but after almost 2 year of being on HIATUS my imagination circuits are not working for my old stories. I'm trying to squeeze out all that I can muster just to end all my uncompleted books. 

[Greyson]

It happened instantly, but the seconds stretched into minutes as I watched Celeste close her eyes, her finger pushed the trigger and the bullet disappeared between me and Remington. I told her to shot, but I didn't expect her to aim accurately. With nothing left to lose, I prayed that luck would be on our side and the bullet would hit the right mark.

"AHH!" Remington roared and arched above me.

At the same time, Celeste screamed in horror of Remington's state of undress.

I shove him off me and he rolls sideways with his front pressed to the ground.

"You nearly blew off my nuts!" Remington hissed between teeth and cringing on the ground. He was bleeding rather profusely from leg.

"Where did he come from?"

I look over my shoulder and see Gran followed by the three humans. They were looking at me with astonished faces and I held back a bark that would have had them running to the hills.

I stiffened at the sight of them. This was the first time seeing humans in the daylight when there was no eclipse.

"He just arrived here." Gran explained. "He's my---uh---He's the cardiologist who I hired from out of state to monitor my heart problems."

First it was a gardner, next she makes up a cardiologist. What else does this old lady have in her sleeve of tricks?

Celeste hesitantly walked up to me. Relief washed her features. Relieved she wrapped her arms around my neck and cried. "I didn't kill you! Thank god!"

With one hand I held her around the waist and rested my head on the curve of her shoulder. "I'm fine." We're just fine.

She was in my arms safe and in one piece.

"Why are they all naked? Do all men who employed by you work in the nude?" The human asks Gran who simply shrugs her shoulders and isn't bothered by the fact that these men may in fact think she is running some sort of nasty business in her house basement.

"Another question: Where did those wolves go?" The shorter human asks.

"Would you believe me if I said the wolves in these parts like to strip men out of their clothes?" Gran muttered.

They didn't believe her. "What the hell is going on?!"

"Before you get those answers, can someone please lend him clothes?" Gran asks them.

The guy in plaid, unbuttons his shirt. Thankfully he had another shirt beneath it, but the cloth reeked with disgusting human oder when he handed it to me. Since it was rather short, I tied the sleeves around my stomach to cover my front.

"Nice back view." Gran whistled.

"Gran!" Celeste said, moving behind me to prevent anyone from taking a peak from my behind.

It was still to early for us to relax. Remington remains to live and although he just had a silver bullet penetrate through him, he was flailing about like a fish out of water.

"We have to kill the cardiologist." Gran says looking at me.

She was so deep into her make believe world that this whole situation was starting to sound idiotic.