Zombies and Trains

When the night falls, I take action. I go to Mr. B and lay on my knees.

            “Sir,” I plead, a tearful face. “I heard a scream outside- please help! I think it was a woman!”

            Mr. B strokes his chin, and I quickly add “I think it might have been Sarina!” Hearing this, he widened his eyes to the point I thought they would pop out, and got up with some guards, ordering them to go out while he sleeps. They oblige, and I smirk. Great. This gives me time

            I grab my bag and machete, and hide them in some bushes next to the Food house. I go inside and grab enough food to last me months. And then comes the tricky part. I go into the doctor’s office with my machete. Dr. Harrison glares at me.

            “I knew I didn’t like you.” He sneered.

            “Ow, how painful. I guess I could say the same thing.” I pin him against the wall. “What’s the combination?” I hiss. He smirks.

            “I wouldn’t tell you even if you do kill me.” He seethes. I raise my eyebrow, shrug, and do a thin slit against his throat and one deep gash across his arm. He tries to scream, but I cover his mouth with a rag. Hey, it’s the apocalypse! Don’t tell me you wouldn’t do the same for medicine and life savers.

            “Now, what is the combination?” I ask again. His eyes dart to the desk, and then glare back at me. I take handcuffs from the floor and handcuff him to a pole, and then tie a rag against his mouth. Satisfied, I go to his desk and rummage. I finally find the combo, and enter it; 19 to the left, 40 to the right, 8 to the left. It opens like a dream. I pack as much medicine as I can. Then I leave the doctor alone, and run from the base. I’ve heard of trains that never stopped moving. I’m going to try to find one…  Maybe there is one near the base. I saw one on my way hear- train tracks at least…

            As I leave the base, I hear several screams, and gunshots. That’s going to attract zombies. Speaking of-…

            A scrawny looking zombie grabs me and growls. I swing and my fist connects with it’s face, making a sickening crunch. It collapses, and I run toward the train tracks. I suddenly hear a loud rumbling. A train..? I look and see, sure enough it’s a train. I back up, and as it passes, jump onto a cart. I grin triumphantly and turn around, face to face with a family- parents, and two young children…

            And then there’s me. The bloodstained chick with a machete. Nice going Ash.

                                                                                                                    ***