Lies ~ Prologue }

"...They will remember us for this. Because out of all our vast array of nightmares, this is the one we choose for ourselves. We go forward like a breath exhaled from the Earth. With vigor in our hearts and one goal in sight: We will live."

"'''*~♠♦♣♥ ♠♦♣♥ ♠♦♣♥ ♠♦♣♥ ♠♦♣♥ ♠♦♣♥ ♠♦♣♥ ♠♦♣♥ ♠♦♣♥ ♠♦♣♥ ♠♦♣♥ ♠♦♣♥ ♠♦♣♥ ♠♦♣♥ ♠♦♣♥ ♠♦♣♥ ♠♦♣♥~*''"

The rain splattered onto the roof in an uneven torrent. With each individual batter, a part of my soul seemed to break off and fly away into the hurricane that surrounded us. We were huddled together, the body-mass causing our faces to break out in sweat, yet shiver in the cold of the rain. Huddled, so that our hearts beat as one, in a methodic, melodic melody that encompassed the void of the room. They beat in rhythm, a rhythm that was corresponding with the drumming of the rain that fell upon us now. With each splat, with each beat, with each thud, with each pound - we were together.

Emptiness was not something we were suffered of. Instead, the empty darkness seemed to fill the room somehow. So much nothing....somehow was equal to something. The only thing that seemed to matter were the muddled figures upon the floor, shivering and crying in this emptiness. Moans were heard over the thudding of the rain.

Forever we were captured.

Imprisoned.

Hopeless.

The hope of the world seemed to crumble at the moment that I had given up. Life was lost. Love was lost. Hope was lost. Truth was lost.

All that remained were Lies.