Hate {Chapter1}

"Now listen to me...

There are no such thing as vampires.

No werewolves.

Faeries.

No immortals, mermaids, or pixies

.

There are no such thing as reincarnations, aliens, elves, zombies, trolls, witches, wizards, dragons, whatever else today's society commonly introduce into our world.

All are complete lies, myths, faerie tales, false-teachings. There is no creature of the night searching for a young maiden to bleed for a life substance. No imaginary creature lurking in the forests waiting to befriend a mere human - as tales often portray...

But," there was a pause in which the whole room seemed to hang upon, waiting for the final verdict.

The whole room but me (of course), and another.

I was quickly and stealthily moving from table to table, circle to circle refilling glasses. My employer had given me orders to remain mute for this whole pain-stakingly awful session, which I obeyed obediantly. No matter how much I hated it.

And the other , the speaker who was keeping these guests chilled to their plush ivory seats. He himself was standing in front of his puppet of a crowd, his eyes gleaming as he gave his scarcely rehearsed meeting. Much too confident indeed.

"But," he continued, obviously pleased at his consumption of attention.

"There are plenty of other creatures to be frightened by. In fact, deathly frightened by." He added this as a cold threat that you could almost say was an inside joke. He chuckled haughtily.

"However, there are a few truths in the muddled world of ours. Six impossibly credible realities on which we can all rely on....

Demons.

Angels.

Satan.

God.

Good and Evil

and lastly," yet another dramatic pause.

"Life and Death." The speaker added this last segment as chillingly as possible, sending the my skin crawling .

Despite the man's disheartening reproach, I still had to resist the urg to snort at this unbelievable crap. Come on, I wanted to say. Who would believe this bull?? Aparently the people applauding would.

I had to turn the other direction to keep my face from betraying me, who knew what would happen if this narccist man saw my smirking profile? The answer: Who gives a crap. I held on to this thought as I continued to clean up after these guests, most of which were middle-aged or in their late twenties. But there were a few, a few impossibly gullible people around my age. Idiots.

Thankfully the man bid his farewells and escorted the group through the door behind my turned back. I shook my head disdainfully and began grabbing my purse from beneath the counter in corner of the room. I was definately ready to leave this place, and hey - quite possibly quit my job.

Pshh, who was I kidding? I needed this thing for money, even if I had to listen to ridiculous stuff like this. It wasn't all bad, working for a company that would allow all sorts people to rent rooms for important meetings. All I have to do was wait on these people, fill up their martini glasses, and pick up napkins from their precious lobster and caviar dishes. At least I could sneak in a few bites here and there....And honestly, not all of these meetings were run by egotistics. Some were friendly Jehova's Witnesss or local companies wanting to have a little office party - away from the office.