Chapter 14

Dean and Castiel were sitting on the bleachers after school watching the football team do their practice. A month had passed, which meant it was already June. Both of them had their suits picked out for prom and were discussing graduation and college.
     "So, exams are coming up. Are you nervous?" Castiel asked Dean, as he watched Jackson receive a really good pass.
     "Not really. With your tutoring, my grades have gone up. Thank you, baby," Dean replied, as he placed a gentle kiss on Castiel's cheek. "Maybe I'll even be able to make it to the same college as you."
     "I hope you do. I don't think I could make it through college without you." Dean wrapped his arm around Castiel and pulled him into a reassuring hug.
     "Don't worry. Everything will be perfect. We'll both get into the same school and both become doctors," Dean reassured Castiel. "We'll both help people like we want to."
     "I hope so. So, about prom. Do we know how we're getting there and everything?" Castiel asked, desperately trying to change the subject. Dean got the hint and played along.
     "Don't worry, baby. I got everything planned out. It'll be perfect." Castiel smiled at Dean and gave him a quick kiss on the lips.
     "Hey, smartie! Winchester! Why don't you come throw the ball around with us?" Jackson called from the field. Castiel looked shocked for a minute, but agreed. Dean and Castiel made their way down to the football field and walked over to Jackson. "I wanna see how good of a throw you have." Jackson handed Dean the ball and told him to pass it to Dallas. Dean threw the ball, which did a perfect spiral, and landed in Dallas' arms with power. "Damn, Winchester. Why weren't you ever on the team?" Jackson chuckled, as he patted Dean on the shoulder.
     "I was never really interested in football," Dean explained. Jackson just nodded and caught the ball that Dallas had thrown back. Jackson handed Castiel the ball, making Castiel nervous.
     Jackson gave him a reassuring smile and whispered to him, "You got this, smartie." He gave Castiel a quick hug, which made Dean a bit jealous. Castiel took a deep breath and threw to ball to Dallas. The ball did a perfect spiral, like Dean's, but landed in Dallas' arms with more power. Everyone on the field was shocked. Dean had a proud little smile on his face.
     "That's my boyfriend," Dean whispered, while looking at Castiel. Castiel looked at him and blushed, while giving him a sheepish smile. Dean gave Castiel a hug and kiss on the forehead.
     "Damn, Castiel. We could've used someone like you on the team," Jackson laughed. Castiel shrugged his shoulders and looked down at his feet.
     "I think you're the best quarterback for the team," Castiel complimented Jackson. Jackson's face turned bright red and he smiled shyly. Dean tried his best to hide his jealousy, by wrapping his arms around Castiel's waist. "I think Dean and I need to head home. We have a lot of studying to do for the exams starting next week." Castiel said his goodbyes to the football team and started to walk back to the bleachers, where all of his stuff was. He grabbed his bag and followed Dean off the field and on the way home.

     Dean and Castiel were in their room, books scattered all over the place and piles of papers that held notes in front of them. Every now and then one of them would let out groans.
     "How are you doing?" Castiel asked Dean, who's face was buried in a math book.
     "Hmm," was Dean's response. Castiel sighed and rolled his eyes, while throwing his book down beside him.
     "I'm bored," Castiel complained, making Dean look up from his book for the first time in an hour.
     "It's like we switched places," Dean joked. "I'm studying away and you're complaining how you're bored." Castiel giggled at Dean's remark.
     "Just because I'm a nerd doesn't mean I enjoy studying my night away." Dean smiled and shut his book.
     "Then why don't we take a break and go get some ice cream," Dean offered. "We can't be gone for too long, though. You know I need to do good on these exams if I want my grades to continue to go up. If I don't do good, well, I can kiss that college goodbye." Castiel nodded and head and got up off the floor.
     "Let's go get some ice cream real quick then," Castiel said. Dean nodded his head, got off the chair he was sitting on and followed Castiel downstairs.

Once the boys ordered their usuals and left the ice cream parlour, they found themselves venturing to the park.
"Where are we going?" Castiel asked, before licking his ice cream.
"Somewhere," Dean smirked at him, making Castiel roll his eyes.
"I thought we couldn't take long," Castiel teased Dean, while giggling.
"Well, I mean, we have all weekend to study." Castiel nodded his head at Dean's reply. They rounded the corner and entered the park. Castiel smiled brightly at Dean and followed him to the bench they sat at in the winter time.
"This is a lovely surprise," Castiel whispered, as he took a seat beside Dean.
"Well, you deserve it." Castiel blushed at Dean's sweet response. Castiel leaned over and kissed Dean on the cheek, causing Dean to turn bright red.
Dean and Castiel spent the next two hours at the park, taking in the beauty of summer and talking about college. Dean seemed to be really nervous about the upcoming exams. He wanted to go to college with Castiel so bad. He wanted to make Castiel proud and happy. Once the boys noticed the time, they decided to go back home and study some more.

Castiel was sitting at his desk, studying a science textbook. He was trying to memorize what seemed like a million formulas. Dean was downstairs making them some coffee. Castiel had his bee stuffy that Dean gave him for Christmas, sitting in his lap. He loved it so much and he always snuggled it when he was stressed. Dean walked up behind Castiel, placed his coffee on the desk beside him, and kissed his cheek.
"Hey," he whispered, sending shivers down Castiel's spine. He loved the sound of Dean's voice, especially when he whispered.
"Dean!" Castiel exclaimed, happy to have his boyfriend snuggling him. Dean chuckled at Castiel's excitement.
"I was just downstairs for a few minutes, making coffee," Dean giggled.
"I know. But I still missed you," Castiel replied, making Dean laugh softly. Dean turned Castiel around and gave him a loving kiss on the lips. When they pulled away, Castiel grabbed his bee stuffy and held it up to Dean. He pushed the bee stuffy in Dean's face, causing Dean to smile softly at Castiel. "Bee wants a kiss too!" Castiel giggled, making Dean burst into a laughing fit.
"You're such a dork," Dean teased Castiel, which made Castiel giggle even more. Dean walked over to the bed and sat down, while watching Castiel bury his face back into his book.
"It looks like we switched back," Castiel referred to Dean's earlier comment. "I'm the study junkie now." Dean quietly laughed at Castiel's joke, while looking down at his feet.
"I love you so much," Dean whispered, focusing his gaze back on Castiel. Castiel finally looked away from his book and locked eyes with Dean.
"I love you more," he whispered back, making Dean chuckle and shake his head. Castiel smiled at Dean and took a sip of his coffee. "You should continue to study." Dean did an over dramatic groan and rolled his eyes, earning a giggle from Castiel.
"Or we can just stop studying for tonight. We have all day tomorrow and all day Sunday," Dean suggested. He looked over at the tv remote, which made Castiel look at the tv remote as well. "We can watch Friends," Dean teased Castiel further. He picked the remote up and gave Castiel a devious grin. Castiel smiled and rolled his eyes, but eventually gave in. He got up and walked over to the bed, laying down beside Dean. He rested his head on Dean's chest, listening to his heartbeat. Dean turned the tv on and played an episode of Friends. Castiel laughed at all of the jokes that were being said on the tv, but mostly focused on Dean. He loved hearing Dean laugh and he loved hearing the soothing sound of Dean's heartbeat. Castiel eventually fell asleep with a smile plastered across his face. Dean smiled at him, kissed the top of his head, and fell asleep too.