Chapter 13

A few months had passed and it was now the end of April. Dean had told the principal what Ethan was doing, which resulted in him getting suspended for the rest of the year. Castiel felt bad because Ethan had to redo grade twelve now. It seemed like everyone was getting asked to prom lately. Everyday there was a new promposal that was going down. Castiel was wondering why Dean hadn't asked him to go to prom yet, even though he could ask Dean if he wanted to. It was only second period, but there had already been two new promposals. Castiel was currently at his locker, gathering books together and getting ready to meet Dean at math class, where he and Dean decided to meet up. They both had different classes today, except for math. Which meant that they wouldn't see much of each other. Suddenly, Can't Help Falling In Love started to play through the school's speakers. Castiel seemed to be the only one who was confused with the sudden music. Castiel started to walk down the hall, towards math class. Every other student that he passed, handed him a dark, red rose, with a note attached to it. Castiel read the notes when they were handed to him. He smiled with each note he read that corresponded to what Elvis was singing through the speakers.
Wise men say
     Another rose,
     Only fools rush in
     Another rose,
But I can't help
     Another rose,
Falling in love
     Another rose,
With you
     Another rose,
Shall I stay
     Another rose,
Would it be
     Another rose,
A sin
     Another rose,
If I can't help
     Another rose,
Falling in love
     Another rose,
With you
     A final rose,
I love you so much, baby and I can't help it. You're my everything
     Love, Dean xoxo
     Castiel smiled and walked into the math class, where he found Dean standing there, with a guitar in his hand. The song had stopped playing through the speakers, right as the last chorus was about to play. Dean gave Castiel a sweet smile, before he started to play the guitar.
     "Take my hand, take my whole life too. For I can't help, falling in love with you," Dean sang in his beautiful singing voice. Castiel was blushing harder than he ever had before. He had a wide smile plastered across his face and he was weak in the knees from the sound of Dean's soothing voice. Dean walked closer to Castiel and placed the guitar on one of the desks. "I couldn't imagine going to prom with anyone else. This room is the first place that I ever laid eyes on you and I knew I was in trouble. I didn't know I'd end up being this lucky, as to be with you. I love you so much, Cas and I'm so happy that I get the honours to ask you this question. Castiel Novak, will you go to prom with me?" Dean finished, leaving Castiel in tears.
     "Yes! Yes, of course I will!" Castiel exclaimed, while nodding his head vigorously. Dean smiled widely at him and scooped Castiel into a hug. "It's about time you asked." Dean laughed softly at Castiel's joke. He pulled his head back and placed long, passionate kiss on Castiel's soft lips.

     The day went by slowly for Castiel. He just wanted to get out of class so he could go home with Dean and snuggle with him while watching Netflix. The final bell of the day finally rang and Castiel quickly gathered his stuff together, before rushing out of class. He ran straight to Dean's locker, where he found him gathering his stuff. Castiel ran to Dean and crashed into his arms. Catching Dean by surprise.
"Woah, hey. What's wrong, baby?" Dean asked, concerned. Castiel snuggled his face into the crook of Dean's neck.
"Nothing. Everything's perfect. I just missed you," Castiel giggled, making Dean laugh.
"I missed you too, Cas. Now, why don't we go home?" Castiel smiled and nodded, as Dean walked him out the front doors.

     Dean and Castiel were laying in bed, watching Netflix and snuggling with each other. The roses Dean had given Castiel today were sitting in a vase full of water. The Friends theme song played, which caused Dean and Castiel to clap their hands along, which they did every time the theme song played.
     "You know I love you, right?" Castiel asked Dean, still looking at the tv. Dean looked down at Castiel.
     "Of course I do," Dean replied, while placing a kiss on Castiel's forehead.
     "Okay. I was just making sure." Dean giggled a little bit at Castiel.
     "You're so cute," he complimented his boyfriend. "And funny, smart, soft," Dean continued to compliment Castiel, as he placed kisses on his neck in between each compliment.
     Castiel started to laugh while saying, "D-Dean s-stop," in between giggles. Dean continued to laugh and kiss Castiel, until he placed a loving kiss on Castiel's lips.
     "Boys! Time for dinner!" Ms. Novak called from downstairs.
     "Coming!" Castiel called back, while getting up. Dean grabbed his wrist and pulled him in for one more kiss.
     "I love you," Dean whispered.
     "I love you more." Castiel and Dean turned the tv off and went downstairs to eat dinner.

All three of them sat at the table eating the spaghetti that Ms. Novak had made.
"This is really good, mom," Castiel complimented her cooking.
"Thank you, honey. So, did anything interesting happen today?" Ms. Novak asked, as she dug her fork in her spaghetti and twirled it around, wrapping noodles around the fork. Castiel and Dean shared an excited look, which intrigued Castiel's mom.
"Well, Dean asked me to prom," Castiel answered. Ms. Novak's eyes widened and her face lit up.
"Oh! That's wonderful!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air. "I want all the details!" Dean chuckled, while looking down at his food.
"It's a long story," Dean started.
"I've got time." Dean laughed at Ms. Novak's eagerness.
"Okay. So," Dean started to tell the heart warming story of his promposal to Castiel.

Two hours had passed, dinner was done and everyone was doing their own thing. Ms. Novak had run out of the house for a few hours to get groceries, Castiel was in the kitchen doing dishes and Dean was upstairs finishing up some math homework. Castiel washed the last plate and rinsed his hands off. He dried the plate off and put it in the cupboard, when he felt strong arms wrap around his waist. Dean had his chin rested on Castiel's shoulder.
"Well hello there," Castiel giggled, as he put his hands over Dean's.
"So, I was wondering if you have a date to prom," Dean started to play around, making Castiel giggle even more. Castiel turned around and faced Dean.
"I do, in fact. His name's Dean and he's my boyfriend," Castiel played along. Dean gave him a fake pouty face.
"Well, that's a shame because I was going to ask you. But this Dean dude, he sounds alright."
"He's better than alright. He's perfect and he makes me happy," Castiel teased back.
"Well, if he makes you happy, I'll just leave you alone then." Castiel giggled and gave Dean a passionate kiss. Dean smirked at him and grabbed his wrist, dragging him through the house.
"Dean, where are we going?" Castiel laughed at him, as he dragged him through the house.
"You'll see," Dean winked at him, sending shivers down Castiel's spine. Dean started to walk up the stairs and Castiel immediately knew what Dean was doing. Dean threw open the bedroom door and shut it behind him as soon as Castiel was inside. "We got some time to kill," Dean whispered in Castiel's ear, as he started to kiss him.