Chapter 2

Tuesday came quickly. Castiel was sitting in his last class, waiting for the bell to ring. Over the weekend, Castiel had added Dean on Instagram and Snapchat. He found himself staying up late texting this guy he used to hate. But he found a deeper story to him, a reason why he was such a heartbreaker. The bell rang and Castiel quickly cleaned his stuff up and left the classroom. On his way to the library, he ran into Jackson.
     "Hey, smartie. Have fun with Winchester," he teased, as he hugged Castiel goodbye. Castiel just laughed.
     "Thanks," he replied sarcastically and continued on his walk to the library.

     He quietly walked into the library and looked around for Dean. He was expecting him to be late, but he thought Dean might pull through this time. To his luck, Dean was sitting at a table in the back of the library, with his math books spread out. He was sitting there playing with his thumbs, clearly waiting for Castiel. Castiel smiled at the sight of him and quickly started to walk over to the table. Dean looked up and a huge smile spread across his face when he saw Castiel.
     "Hey, Cas!" Dean whispered, trying to keep quite so the librarian didn't yell at him. Castiel didn't mind the nickname this time.
     "You're actually on time!" Castiel teased, earning a chuckle from Dean.
     "I wouldn't be late on our first study date!" Castiel suddenly got super self conscious.
     "This isn't a date. This is tutoring," he said. Dean furrowed his eyebrows. Castiel gave him a shy smile and began to help Dean with his math.

     Within the few hours they were there, Dean and Castiel would make jokes, laugh, share stories and study a little bit. Castiel looked down at his watch and started to stand up.
     "Looks like your session is over," he smiled. Dean frowned.
     "So soon?" He asked, winking at Castiel. Castiel frowned and looked away, giving Dean a sudden cold shoulder. Dean put his books away and followed Castiel out of the school. "What's wrong?" Dean asked. Castiel sighed, trying to remain cool. Dean asked again, this time raising his voice. Castiel turned around and snapped at Dean.
     "Am I just another make out buddy to you?" He hollered, causing Dean to jump a bit. "God, Dean! We had such a good weekend texting back and forth! We had fun in the library and then you go ahead and pull a stunt like that!"
     "Like what?"
     "You made a rude comment and winked at me! Now, listen! I'm not just gonna be one of your make out buddies, okay?" Castiel shouted, as he continued to walk home. Dean ran and caught up with him.
     "And who told you that you would be?" Dean was keeping his voice cool and calm. Castiel started to wipe his tears away. He didn't even notice he was crying. "Look, I'm sorry if I did something that made you upset. I don't want to upset you. I actually want to be friends with you," Dean said. Castiel stopped and looked at Dean.
     "Then what was the winking for?" He asked, trying not to make eye contact with Dean.
     "It was a joke. I just want to be friends with you," Dean lied. The truth was, Dean found Castiel extremely cute. He loved how he always kept quiet and kept to his school work, he loved how he always had books in his hands, he loved how gentle and kind he was. He felt something for Castiel that he has never felt for anyone else. Castiel just nodded.
     "Fine. I'm sorry. I overreacted." Dean shook his head and pulled Castiel into a hug.
     "No you didn't. You were just being cautious." Castiel smiled at the warmth and comfort Dean gave him. The two of them continued to walk home together, making small talk along the way, until they reached their destinations. "I'll see ya tomorrow!" Dean waved goodbye to Castiel. Castiel gave him a shy smile in return.
     "See ya," he whispered. He turned and walked into his house.

     Castiel threw his bag on his bed and sighed. He took his phone out of the pocket of his jeans and checked it. He had a message from Jackson.

     Jackson:
How did it go?

     Castiel smiled to himself and texted a reply.

     Castiel:
Fine. Dean showed up on time and I enjoyed it, actually