Chapter 3

"So how was getting ice cream with Winchester?" Jackson asked Castiel, as they sat on the bleachers at the football field.
"Good. Nothing happened and I made it pretty clear that nothing was gonna happen," Castiel replied. Jackson nodded.
"That's my boy," he joked, earning a soft smile from Castiel.
"Dean is actually becoming a friend of mine." Jackson looked at Castiel. He had a look of anger on his face, that scared Castiel.
"I don't like it. Dean is making googly eyes at you and now he's your friend? I don't trust it. I don't believe that he wants to stay "just friends!" Jackson responded, as he looked across the football field and spotted Dean. "Well, speak of the devil." Castiel looked over to who Jackson was referring to. His eyes widened as he saw Dean sitting at the bleachers with a group of guys.
"Want a puff?" One of the guys asked Dean, handing the smoke to him.
"Oh, no. I'm good," he refused the offer. Dean looked up and spotted Castiel staring at him. "Actually, you know what? What the hell!" He grabbed the smoke and slowly raised it to his mouth. He breathed in the terrible taste and coughed as the smoke got caught in his throat. The group of guys laughed at him.
"It's all good. It's your first time," the guy said to Dean, as he patted his back. Dean smiled shyly and looked up at Castiel. Castiel's face was laced with anger. He grabbed his bag and quickly stood up from his spot on the bleacher. He said something to Jackson and the two stormed off. Castiel disappeared around the corner, but Jackson turned to face Dean. Jackson flipped Dean the finger before catching up with Castiel.

"Hey, Cas! Wait up!" Dean hollered at Castiel, as he pulled some books out of his locker. Castiel rolled his eyes and slammed his locker shut. He leaned against the cold, blue, metal and clutched onto his pile of books.
"What do you want?" Castiel snapped, making Dean furrow his eyebrows.
"What's wrong? You seemed really mad at the bleachers," Dean casually said, as he rested against the lockers, like Castiel.
"What do you mean "what's wrong?" You didn't tell me you smoked!" Dean's eyes widened, he clearly understood now.
"Well, I don't, exactly. It was my first time. I just thought "what the hell" Dean explained. Castiel just nodded and turned around.
"So, what? Are you gonna become addicted to smoking or something now?" Castiel asked, as Dean walked beside him.
"Well, no. It was a one time thing," Dean said. Castiel just nodded and looked down at his feet.
"I would've thought a bad boy like you would want to smoke," Castiel commented, making Dean's emotion change. He looked hurt, which made Castiel feel guilty.
"What do you mean "bad boy?" He asked. Castiel just scoffed.
"Like you don't know what I mean. You ride a motorcycle, you wear a leather jacket, you're always late to class, you never pay attention, you make out with every guy you see!" Castiel raised his voice. Dean just stayed silent, nodding along.
"Look, I know it looks bad, but—" Dean was cut off by some guy walking by.
"Hey, Dean. Can't wait for tonight," he winked as he walked away. Castiel scoffed and stormed off to class, leaving Dean alone in the hallway, feeling guilty.

Class passed by faster than usual. Castiel was sitting at his usual table with the football team. They were discussing the upcoming football game. Castiel was just nodding along and eating his slice of pizza he bought. He looked over and saw Dean flirting with the guy who passed by them earlier in the hallway. Castiel rolled his eyes, but continued to watch them. Dean was smiling and laughing along with the guy. Dean looked over and saw Castiel staring him down. His smile immediately faded and he started to act shy. He popped his leather jacket's collar and gave Castiel a shy smile. Jackson noticed Castiel's gaze and followed his eyes, to see Dean, trying to act cool.
"Is Winchester seriously trying to act cool for you?" Jackson laughed. Castiel snapped out of his daze and laughed along with the football team. "He's bad news. Just stay away from him, smartie." Castiel just nodded and continued to eat his food.

It was finally the end of the day and Castiel was excited to go home and try to forget about Dean's flirting. Castiel pulled his phone out and played some Elvis. He shoved his earbuds into his ears and blasted the music. As he was heading to the doors, an arm reached out in front of him and opened the door for him. Castiel turned his music down and pulled an earbud out. He looked over to the face that belonged to the arm. He frowned when he saw Dean. He quickly thanked him and rushed down the street.
"Cas! Wait!" Dean hollered. Castiel turned around and snapped at him.
"Just leave me alone! All I have to do it tutor you until the year is over! So you can go live your normal life! Kissing every guy you see and being late to class! If you keep doing this to me, Jackson's gonna kick your ass!" Castiel yelled, making Dean jump back a bit. By the end of his rant, Castiel had tears sitting at the rims of his eyes, threatening to pour out. He sniffled and turned around, to quickly walk away.
"Cas, please! Let me explain!" Dean shouted, as he ran to catch up to Castiel.
"I've given you plenty of time to explain, but you continue to fuck up!" Castiel shouted again, as he continued to walk away. Dean grabbed his shoulder and wiped him around, to face him. Castiel could see the regret and pain in his eyes.
"I'm sorry," was all he said.
Castiel sighed and whispered, "Me too." He shoved his earbud back into his ear and continued to walk home. Dean decided to take another route and give Castiel his space.

"How could you be so stupid? Maybe he doesn't think you're cool enough? Maybe he doesn't think you're tough enough?" Dean was saying to himself on his way home. "But you smoked and that's cool, you held doors open for him, you've even popped the collar of your jacket up when you see him," he continued to talk to himself. He sighed and looked down at the sidewalk. "Maybe you need to do something more bold. Something tougher." Dean got an idea and his face lit up. He smiled the whole way home.

"Dean's a fuck up, smartie. You don't need him," Jackson said to Castiel over the phone. Castiel was laying on his bed, tears running down his cheeks.
"I know. I don't know what got into me," Castiel whispered. Jackson sighed.
"Dean got in your head. That's what he does. You know this. He's just playing you and I'm sorry about that." Castiel nodded and wiped some tears away.
"Me too. Listen, I gotta go. I have homework to do. I'll text you later," Castiel said. Jackson said bye and hung up. Castiel looked at his phone, which had blown up with messages from Dean during his phone call with Jackson. Castiel groaned and looked through them.

Dean:
I'm sorry, Cas. I understand if you don't think I'm cool enough or tough enough

Dean:
I'm not trying to play you

Dean:
I'm sorry. Jackson already called me and threatened me. He's very protective of you

Dean:
I'm sorry, Cas. I hope I can make it up to you. Maybe during our tutor session tomorrow

Castiel sighed and threw his phone on the ground in frustration. He ignored the messages and just focused on his homework instead. Maybe Dean would just leave him alone if he ignored him.