Chapter 7

The weekend passed quicker than Castiel wanted it to. He was nervous about what people will say about him and Dean. He was also nervous about all the guys he'd see hitting on his boyfriend. He didn't think he could handle it. He sighed and shrugged his thoughts off, while he slipped on his sneakers. He said goodbye to his mom and walked out the door, looking for Dean. Dean told him he'd be walking to school with him and he'd be waiting outside for him. Castiel looked around confused when there was no sight of Dean. Just then, Castiel heard a loud shout that came from a man down the street. He snapped his head to look for the source of the sound. His eyes widened and his mouth dropped when he saw Dean being thrown out of his house. Dean fell to the ground on his back and his backpack was thrown at him.
"I don't wanna see you again for a while! I don't need some fuckup living under my roof and being a bad role model for Sam!" The front door slammed shut and Dean mumbled something to himself while picking up his bag and swinging it over his shoulders. He wiped the dirt off of his jeans and started to walk over to Castiel's house, with his head looking down. Castiel quickly walked over to Dean, sympathy filling his body. When Dean heard his footsteps, he looked up and saw Castiel walking towards him.
"C-Cas. I, um," Dean stuttered, but Castiel didn't say anything. He just wrapped his arms around Dean's neck and pulled Dean into a strong, warm hug. Dean sighed and wrapped his arms around Castiel's waist. He buried his head into Castiel's neck while trying to control his breathing. "Thank you," Dean whispered. Castiel just shushed him and kissed his head.
"It's alright. I love you. You can stay at my place for a while," Castiel told him, when they pulled away. Dean gave Castiel a small smile and nodded.
"I love you too," Dean replied, making Castiel smile at him. "And that fight wasn't about us. My dad knows I'm gay. It's because my grades aren't doing so well. But you already know that," Dean explained. Castiel just nodded. He didn't really care what the fight was about, just that Dean was okay. He wasn't looking for an explanation at all.
"Let's get to school." Dean nodded, in agreement and grabbed Castiel's hand. The two of them walked to school together, while discussing their upcoming math test.

     Dean and Castiel walked through the crowded hallways with their fingers intertwined with one another's. As they walked passed groups of students chatting about god knows what, all head's turned and faced them. Castiel got anxious when he could feel all eyes were on him and Dean. He felt his face get hot and his stomach churn. He grabbed Dean's arm with his free hand and buried his head into his shoulder.
     Dean just smiled at him and whispered to him, "It's okay, baby. I'm right here." Castiel blushed at his loving words and continued to walk to his locker.
     When they arrived at Castiel's locker, Dean let go of him to allow Castiel to get his books sorted out. He put the books he didn't need in a neat pile on the top shelf of his locker. He kept the books he did need in his small, black bag. As Castiel shut his locker, a good looking, tall guy came up to Dean.
     "Hey, Winchester. Wanna meet me by the bleachers after school," he winked at Dean. Castiel could feel his face heat up and he felt furious with the guy. But all he did was put his head down and stared at his shoes. Dean laughed him off and pulled Castiel to his side.
     "No can do. It wouldn't be right to cheat on my boyfriend." The guy's eyes narrowed at Castiel and he just scoffed.
     "Really? This nerd," the guy insulted Castiel. Dean growled at him.
     "Don't call him that again, or you'll be sorry." The guy rolled his eyes and walked away, making sure to give Castiel a dirty look before leaving. Castiel's face was bright red and he continued to stare at his shoes. Dean pulled him into a tight hug. "Just ignore him. He's just jealous. I love you and only you." Castiel smiled against Dean's chest. Dean pulled away and grabbed Castiel's hand again. The two of them began to walk to their first class together, math.

     The math test went by quickly and it was easy to Castiel. He took quick glances over at Dean every once in a while to see how he was doing. He seemed to be doing alright. He showed no signs of struggling, which was good. The teacher was finishing up his last thoughts on the recent test scores, when the bell rang. All the students immediately gathered their things, got out of their seats and left the classroom. Castiel walked over to Dean's desk, ready to go to lunch with him.
     "Ready to go?" Castiel asked him. Dean gave him a cheeky smile.
     "Yea. Let's go," Dean replied, before leaving the classroom with his arm wrapped around Castiel's shoulder. The two of them walked to the cafeteria together, with all eyes still on them. They turned the corner and entered the cafeteria, looking for a place to sit.
     "We can go sit with Jackson and the football team," Castiel offered. Dean gave him a unsure look, which Castiel returned with a reassuring smile. Castiel led Dean over to the table that he always sat at. "Mind if we sit here?" Castiel asked. Jackson turned and smiled at Castiel.
     "Not at all. You don't have to ask. You know that, smartie," Jackson replied, which made Castiel giggle, and Dean jealous.
     "I know. I just thought I'd ask since Dean is sitting with us too," Castiel explained himself. Jackson gave him a soft smile.
     "Listen, Cas. We're all cool with it. As long as you're happy, we're happy and if Dean is what makes you happy, then so be it." Castiel blushed at Jackson's kind words. The rest of the football team was nodding along, showing that Jackson was telling the truth. "But if he hurts you—" he started.
     "I know, I know. But I'd never hurt him. I love him," Dean cut Jackson off. Jackson just chuckled.
     "I heard," he joked. Dean took a seat beside Castiel, who was sitting beside Jackson. The team talked to Dean a lot and made an effort to get to know him better, but Dean likes to keep to himself a lot. By the end of the lunch period, Castiel felt more confident in his relationship with Dean and Dean felt more comfortable with Castiel's friends.

The last bell of the day rang and Castiel was gathering all of his stuff by his locker, when he overheard a conversation coming from around the corner. He immediately recognized one of the voices. It was Dean's.
"Common, Dean. The nerd doesn't have to know. Just meet me by the bleachers tonight," the other voice said. Castiel immediately knew it was the guy from earlier.
"Listen, I told you man. Don't call him a nerd and I won't meet you by the bleachers. I love him and I would do nothing that would hurt him," Dean snapped. Castiel blushed at Dean's loyalty.
"Dean, listen to me. He's a scrawny, book loving, ugly, nerd. I could make you a lot happier than him." Castiel could hear Dean growl at the guy.
"I don't want to cause any trouble, but if you say one more bad thing about him, you'll be sorry. He's not scrawny. He loves books, but so do I and he's perfect. He's the cutest guy I've ever seen. He's kind and sweet and funny and better than you in every single way. No guy could make me as happy as he does," Dean raised his voice at the guy. Castiel blushed even more at Dean's kind words. Castiel heard a locker slam shut and footsteps coming towards him.
"Whatever, man. Your loss," the guy shouted at Dean. Dean just scoffed. Castiel shut his locker and turned to face Dean, who was walking towards him. Castiel's face was bright red from all the blushing he was doing.
"Are you alright? You look...red," Dean asked, confused and worried. Castiel looked down at his shoes and smiled.
"Yea," he said while looking up. "It's just from all the blushing I did. I heard your conversation with that asshole." Dean's face was now turning red. He gave Castiel a small smile. "Thanks for that."
"It's nothing. I love standing up for my boyfriend. Now, why don't we go home," Dean replied. Castiel nodded his head vigorously and followed Dean out the doors. Dean and Castiel walked home, while talking about Christmas. It was the beginning of December, but they were both excited to celebrate the holiday together.