Chapter 12

*Warning: There is mild violence between girl and guy*

I continue dragging Landon until we have reached the table that Shane is sitting at. I sit down on one of the metal chairs and motion for Landon to sit down on the only other available chair.
"Landon, this is my best friend Shane. Shane, this is Landon my mate." I say introducing them.
Landon extends his hand for Shane to shake. Shane takes Landon's extended hand and shakes it firmly. Landon is smiling at Shane, and Shane does not have that arrogant aura about him. I breathe a sigh of relief because it feels like this is going well, which will make it easier for Shane and I to stay friends.
"So Kiera tell me about yourself." Landon says smiling at me.
"Umm.. not much to tell. I come from the capital."
"Oh I have always wanted to go to the capital," he smiles at me.
"Shane is my best friend..."
"Kiera is a total badass," Shane interrupts, "she boxes, races go karts, and so much more".
"That's cool!" Landon says smirking at me all the while making my stomach flutter.
We continue to talk in the Café for the rest of the afternoon. Shane and I are telling stories from our childhood. Shane interrupts whenever I mess up the story or don't tell it to his liking, which results in my slapping him or nudging him with my elbow. Landon tells us stories from his life. We all just get to know each other. Soon my stomach starts to rumble from hunger. Landon tells Shane and I that he knows a great time place where we can go for dinner. So we get up and walk to the restaurant. We are seated immediately.
As soon as we are seated Shane starts telling the story of the one time that he and I were at the racing tracks and I almost crashed into the concrete wall.
"We go to this race track, probably about once a month. This one time, Kier was determined to bet me, because I had beaten her the last time.."
"He's a sore sport so whenever he wins he rubs it in, so I just wanted to do the same thing as him," I interject.
"Anyway, she was going fast like way faster than she should have been going. I'm slightly behind her. When we turn around the corner she's going too fast and it looks like she is about to tip over, but she doesn't. Right after the curve she can't get her wheel to straighten, and she's coming super close to the wall. Finally, she slams on the brakes and she is, I kid you not, a half an inch away from the wall. If she had hit that wall she would have set the whole place on fire." He finishes his story.
"Wow!" Is all Landon can say before the waitress comes and gets our orders.
When she leaves Landon asks "So, Shane where is your mate?"
"She is in Elmmington," he replies monotone.
"When are you going to go find her?"
"I was thinking that I would leave tomorrow, probably in the afternoon."
"Well, tonight we should go to this great club that I know."
My cheeks get hot remembering the last time that Shane and I were in the club. Then my lips start to tingle when I remember the kiss that we shared. Shane and I only nod, as the waitress comes back with our food and drinks.
We eat dinner in silence, devouring the delicious food. We pay for dinner, and then leave heading out to the club. We walk to the club together, me standing in between Shane and Landon. When we get to the club there's a line, but Landon takes the lead and by passes right by the line. The bouncer gives him the bro-hug, I guess Landon knows the people here. In the club the music is vibrating the walls. It's dark with mood lighting except for the dance floor which is illuminated. There are booths off to the side, which I follow Landon and Shane to. I take a seat next to Landon and Shane takes the bench across from us.
I look around and say, "this is a really nice place".
"My Friend, Jeremiah, owns it" he replied nonchalantly.
"I'm gonna go get us drinks." Shane says standing up.
I watch as Shane walks away to the bar. I suddenly feel my hand that was on the table being grabbed, and suddenly the grip is moved to my wrist. It's not a nice kind of grab either. It hurts, but I'm too shocked to do anything. I look over at Landon, and he looks like a completely different Landon.
"You are mine, you understand that right?" He asks gritting his teeth.
"What..??" I stutter.
"You are mine now, not his." His grip gets tighter on my wrist.
"You're hurting me.." it almost comes out as a whisper. What the hell is wrong with me I have never, NEVER, let somebody treat me like this.
"I don't know what you're talking about." I say finding my voice.
"I think you do." He glares at me.
I rip my wrist from his grasp. I glare back at him, "don't ever touch me like that again".
"You're going to be a challenge.." he whispers under his breath.
Just as that comes out of his mouth Shane returns with two shots for each of us. I take my two shots and down them. I'm going to drink this feeling of being powerless away. I can't believe that just happened, normally I would hit someone in the face but I froze. I drink for the rest of the night, I dance with Shane and Landon. I maintain my distance from both of them.
When it's finally the early morning we leave the club, and Shane and I go to the hotel. This time we stay in separate rooms. When I get into my room I huff, then I start to tear up. But then I stopped myself I'm not going to cry over this asshole, if he ever touches me again I will make him regret it. I lay down and fall to sleep with some troubles.