Chapter 10

The next morning when I wake up, my eyes were slightly swollen from crying myself to sleep. I decide that the swelling would go down with the help of some hot water, or at least it would make me feel more relaxed. I pull back the covers and stood up, looking at the sleeping form that I just had been laying next to. He looks so peaceful, almost like there was nothing wrong with his life or this world. I walk into the bathroom, and looked into the mirror; I could see the effects of this trip on my face: my eyes are puffy and I have dark blue and purple circles under my eyes. I turn on the shower to be hot but not too hot, and then I strip off my clothes. When the water was warm enough I stepped into the steam and running water. I tilt my head back and let the water run down my face. I close my eyes, and pretend that I am standing in the rain somewhere warmer and nicer than here. I let the scene play out in my mind. I would be standing in the rain staring at Shane. I would shout over the rain that I loved him and I couldn't let him go. He yelled back that I did not have to nor would I ever. Because I was his and he was mine. Then he would get down on one knee and pull out a box with a magnificent diamond ring. I would cry with joy and he would hug me. Then we would kiss and we would whisper, "I...".

A knock interrupted my thoughts, "Kiera, you still awake in there? You've been in the shower for forever," Shane says.

"Yeah, give me a few more minutes," I respond now putting shampoo in my hair. Once I am finished washing my hair quickly I step out of the shower and grab a towel. I wrap the tower around my body trying to dry off my body. I look for my clothes to put them on after I had dried off my body, but they were nowhere to be seen. I curse myself as I realized that I had forgotten to bring in my clothes. I couldn't just wait here in the bathroom for Shane to leave so I could get dressed. So I just suck it up, and unlock the bathroom door stepping into the bedroom. Shane is sitting on the edge of the bed picking at his fingers. He looks up as he sees me leaving the bathroom and his eyes get wide, but his gaze quickly turns emotionless and focuses back on his fingers.

"Sorry," I say grabbing my clothes, "I forgot my clothes".

"It's fine," he says getting up from the bed and walking into the bathroom. As he walks into the bathroom I hear him mumble what sounds like, "she's trying to kill me", but I'm sure I am just hearing stuff.

I quickly get dressed as Shane was in the bathroom. When he exits the bathroom, he looks at me questionly, "Are you alright?".

"I'm fine." I am curt. Don't even get me started on what I was really thinking.

"Good," he says looking down.

After we are finished getting ready, we gather up our stuff and check out of the motel. Shane put our bags in the trunk as I got into the passenger seat of Shane's car. Once Shane gets in we take off for our next stop. We drive mostly in silence with a few moments of small talk. I can feel the tension between Shane and I. Hell anyone could feel the tension, it is so thick it could be cut with a knife. I just don't know how to break that tension. What are you supposed to say to someone you kissed and knows that wants you but can't have you? NOTHING. That's what I could say; nothing.

Finally Shane breaks the silence for the third time this car ride. "What do you think you're mate will be like?"

I feel my heart drop, "I don't know, I honestly had not thought about it. I hope he's not an asshole, that's all I have really thought about it".

He looks at me, smiles, and then laughs.

"What?" I ask confused.

"You're going to be with this man for the rest of your life, and the only thing that you have thought about him is that you hope he's not an asshole?"

"Yeah... What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing it's just not what I expected. Most girls would be fantasizing that he's tall, with great hair, beautiful eyes, and smokin' bod" he says smirking.

I chuckle, "You should know me well enough now to know that I am not like most girls".

"That you are not," he gives me his signature Shane smile and I melt a little inside. At least we are back to where we were before. I just don't want him and I to not be friends anymore.

We continue to drive through towns, big and small, until the sun starts to set. It was about 7pm when we reach the town and the motel we were going to stay in. We check in, this time without any problems, and take our bags up to our room.

Once I put the stuff down on the bed, Shane looks at me like he was thinking of something.

"What?" I asked.

"Let's go get dinner."

"Okay..."

Shane goes downstairs to ask the receptionist where we could go to get some good food as I am in the bathroom freshening up my makeup and brushing my hair. Just as I walk out of the bathroom, Shane walks into the room, "she said that there is a good Italian restaurant that is only a five minute drive from here".

"That sounds good to me."

We drive to the little Italian place that was really only five minutes away. The place is really cute and looked quite cosy. We walk in and the hostess seats us at a booth. I sit on one side and Shane sits on the other. The waiter comes over and takes our orders, then Shane and I are left alone. We talk and laugh just like the old times, until the waiter comes back with our drinks. Then he takes our orders for our meals, and in a blink of an eye he is gone again. We continue to talk and laugh until he comes back with our food; Cheese Ravioli for me and Chicken Parm for Shane. I take a bite of my food and it was REALLY good; I had not expected it to be so good. I was enjoying my food until Shane took a bite of his Chicken and moaned. I glared at him. He just looked at me.

"What?" He asks.

"Are you trying to die?" I retort.

"What?" He asks furrowing his brow, "Oh shit I forgot".

How could he forget that my biggest pet peeve in the whole entire world was when people moaned while eating? The noise makes my skin crawl so I glare at Shane for a moment, before rolling my eyes at him.

Shane laughed breaking my facade, "I'm going to miss this. I am going to miss you."

"Why do I feel like this is a goodbye?" I asked.

"It's not. I just don't think that once we get married we will see each other as much," He explain.

"Way to be a buzzkill," I laugh.

We finish our food and Shane pays for our food. I thank him and he says, "Anytime, Kier". I love it when he calls me that.

We get back to the hotel, and get ready for bed. As we are laying in bed, Shane rolls over and looks at me and said, "Do you realize this is our last night before you meet your mate?"

As that thought runs through my head, I feel like I could cry. It feels like my throat is closing, but then I breathe. I focus on steady breathing until I finally fall asleep.

A/N: Hey guys long time no see. I edited some of the chapters because of tense issues or I did not like the way that it was written. I'm going to write the next chapter today, and will upload it by tomorrow night. I'm going to stick to a schedule so that I will be more motivated to post! Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment, like and share! -Ally