Chapter 21

Avery caught up with Alexei at the school. He supsected the group had a hide out somewhere near campus. How else could they disappear during lunch, then reappear for afternoon classes? He followed them several times before, but always lost track of them in the woods. This time, he would discover their secert.

Keeping a good distance, Avery followed Alexei through the school ground into the forests. He stuck mostly to the shadows, not wanting to lose sight of his target. Alexei sprinted through the forest, making it differcult for Avery to keep up while remaining hidden. He could openly follow Alexei, but that usually resulted in the idoit tricking him. No, this way was differcult, but better.

Alexei suddenly stopped in a small clearly to find Lynn already there. The two exchanged words, to low for Avery to hear. But that didn't matter. Avery watched them pry open a hidden hatch from the ground. Lynn when down first, followed by Alexei. Avery counted to ten, before contiuing his prosuit.

Landing in the dimly lit access tunnel, Avery took one of the skateboards laying against the wall. Halfway down the tunnel, he caught sight of Lynn and Alexei speaking to Cam.

"Where's the loaction this time?" Lynn asked. His back was towards Avery, making it different to hear him. Alexei's back was also to Avery, meaning him alone had to keep out of Cam's sight. The tunnel offered little places to hide, so Avery tucked himself against a dark wall.

"According to Emi, the desetor sector." Cam answered, still out of breath from racing back to Kanna from Kadic.

Alexei gently rolled his skateboard back and forward, entertaining himself. "Are we sure this isn't a trap and it's a real Key?"

"Now you chose to be catouis." Cam smirked at the irony. "No, but we despearntly need it for me to complete the materalztion program."

"Let's go, Kya's already at the mansion." Lynn hopped onto his skateboard, leading them through the access tunnel. They jounreyed in silence for several mintues, before suddenly stopping. The path in front of them was blocked by debrey, creating a back up of water. Water flooded onto the walkway, slowly making it inaccessable.

The three doubled back, taking one of several side tunnels. The first one was completely blocked off by more debrey, creating a dam. Arriving at the next tunnel, they couldn't even get to the side. Water had completely flooded the walkway, and was radiply rising. The three were the same, debrey and flooded. Ten mintues of fruitless searching, resulted in the guys decdicing to return to the enterance.

To Avery's surpise, the guys rounded the corner, slamming into the him. Falling off his skateboard, Avery landed in the water. The mucky water weighed Avery down, slowly dragging him deeper. Alexei and Lynn muttered under their breath, unhappy with their 'vistor'. They each grabbed one of Avery's arm, than yanked him out of the water.

"Great, now we've got him to deal with." Alexei wiped the mucky water off his clothes.

"That's the least of our problems." Cam pulled out his cell phone. "Emi says there's an activated tower."

"That would explain the debrey and water." Lynn tossed a pebble into the water, that slowly sank into the goop. "We can't even swim through the water. How are we going to get out?" Continuing to the enterance was no longer an option, 'water' flooded the path up to their knees.

"We can double back to the orginal exit. There are pipes lining the walls we can climb them to the other side, since the debrey isn't blocking the ceiling." Cam suggested Lynn and Alexei agreed, since it was their best plan. They left Avery, letting him chose either to stay or follow.

"Your going to explain everything that's going on, right now." Avery caught up, following directly behind Lynn.

"What's the point?" Alexei turned to give a knowing smile. "Your not going to remember anyway."