Chapter Eleven

~Chapter Eleven~

I have all these hormones raging and lately, I tend to over think everything and then think about shit that happened weeks ago, sometimes years ago and it's getting to me.
I have also been thinking about Sam and I and that's just making me even more depressed.
Three weeks ago he had come home drunk from his birthday party and told me he couldn't take a girl to bed because of me and I've been really over thinking it the last week.
I'm too scared to mention anything about it in fear he will think I'm being an idiot or something.
'Earth to Scarlet' Sam says waving a hand in front of my face.
'Huh?' I blink and look at him.
'What are you thinking about?' he asks me. I take my eyes from him and take in the surroundings of the park we are sitting in for Tommy's daughters birthday.
'My parents' I lie. 'I think I want to tell them about the baby but I think it might complicate things'
'Do what you need to do' he says not helping with the decision at all.
'Yeah, they deserve to know and all but it'll start arguments'
'Give them a call, it won't hurt to call them'
'Yeah, maybe' I sigh. My parents have been on my mind a lot lately.
Sam gets up and walks toward the guys and Holly takes his seat.
'He's complicated Scarlet, he cares about you and I've never seen him like this with anyone else before but I think he is just as scared as you are' she tells me.
'What?' How the hell did she know what I was thinking?
'I've been in the same boat as you. Fell for a guy who is so closed off and keeps his heart to himself. It's not easy'
'What did you do?' I ask her.
'I told him how I felt, at first he wasn't keen for hearing my confession but he came around when he realised he felt the same and it wasn't the end of the world' makes me wonder what happened since ive never seen Holly with anyone.
'But I don't want to be the one to change him, and then there's the what ifs like what if we don't work out as a couple and then we've ruined the whole 20 odd weeks we've known each other and I don't want that'
'But what if you work better as a couple? You guys are honestly perfect for each other, you're both just scared' Holly explains.
'I just don't want to get hurt' I sigh.
'He probably thinks the same' Holly says. 'Want me to have the same conversation with him? I won't tell him I've talked to you about this but maybe he needs to see it from a females perspective' Holly suggests.
'If you want' I say 'I don't want it to be like high school stuff though, maybe just make him not so scared' I shrug.
'Ok' she laughs 'You're a pretty cool chick and Mom and I have both spoken about how awesome it would be for you to be really apart of the family'
'You have?' I asked.
'All the time' she laughs making me laugh with her. I'm glad they like me.
'What are you girls laughing about?' Sam asks.
'Girl stuff' I tell him.
'Girl stuff?' he asks not buying it. Holly and I look to each other and start laughing again.

~~~~~~~

I've finished washing the baby's clothes and I'm making the cot up when my front door opens.
Ive placed the clubs blanket in there and Sam comes into the room.
'You do all that washing today?' he asks looking at my bed that is covered in baby clothes.
'Yes' I smile. 'Since I brought a crib, you should buy the carriage' I grin
'Is there anything else she needs?'
'Diapers, baby bath stuff' I shrug.
'We will go out tomorrow and grab them' he tells me. 'I am just going to go back to the club for a minute, we have a meeting but I'll be back soon'
'Ok, I'll get some dinner ready' I nod. 'Let me know if Rico is stopping for dinner'
Sam leaves and i head for the kitchen to get dinner sorted.
Its almost done when I get a text saying Rico and Butch will be here for dinner.
Just as well I've made extra.
A knock sounds at the door before I can respond to the text.
Confused, I take my phone with me and look through the peep hole to see someone I never expected to see on my door step again.
I send a message to Sam saying his brother is here and then I open the door.
'What are you doing here Cody?' I ask him.
'I just stopped by to say hello' he shrugs.
'Well hello' I say.
'You're pregnant?' he asks looking at my stomach.
'I am'
'Who's the dad?' he questions.
'Not you Cody' I sigh. 'You should leave'
'Is your boyfriend here?' he asks.
'No but he will be back any minute' I say not budging with the door.
'That's what they always say' he laughs 'my bet is that the baby daddy ran off and you're all alone with Brandi still here, or has she ran off on you too?'
'I see things haven't changed' I say with an eye roll. 'Still a dick' I go to close the door but he puts his foot in the way and kicks it back open, making me jump back so my stomach isn't hit.
'You know, you don't have to be alone, we can pick up right where we left off' Cody says stepping into the apartment.
'She isn't alone now I suggest you get the fuck out of here and run back to the rock you've been hiding under for the past three years' Sam snaps.
'Really?' Cody asks in disbelief looking from Sam and I.
'Really' Sam confirms.
'Your carrying my niece or nephew?' Cody asks again in disbelief.
'You really need to leave' I say to him.
'You slut' Cody tells me.
I don't get time to reply, Sams fist is in his face and he's on the ground in two seconds.
'I didn't know you were related, you too me you were twenty five and you never mentioned your family so leave before you get your ass kicked by your younger brother' I tell Cody.
'You deserve each other you know' Cody says standing up. 'Both as fucked in the head as each other'
'Get out' Sam snaps, his fists balled at his sides but ready.
'She's a good one in the sack isn't she?' Cody asks with a smirk.
'I'm about to hit you again Cody. Get out' Sam growls.
'Those cute little moans' Sam hits him again. 'Tight...' he's hit again. My face is flaming in humiliation and Rico and Butch are itching to get their own fist on his face.
'The way she just whispers your name when she's climaxing?' another hit. Does he ever stop? Does he want his brother to kill him.
This is so embarrassing. Sam keeps hitting him and I'm scared he won't stop.
'Sammy, come on man' Rico says pulling him from his brother.
Butch picks up Cody's body and he takes him out of my apartment.
I go for the cleaning supplies to clean the blood from the floor and Rico leaves the apartment too.
Sam is staring out the apartment door, his fists clenched at his side, dripping blood. His whole body is tense and I see he's still beyond angry at his brother.
I go back and get a cloth and ice. I gently pick his hand up and he flinches slightly but relaxes against my touch. I don't look up at him.
'He was only trying to get that reaction from you' I say wiping his knuckles gently.
'He's a pig' he snaps back.
'He is' I agree. 'Which is why you're here and he isn't'
'I should have killed him for what he said' Sam tells me.
'That wouldn't have done anyone any good' i say softly 'Hes your brother'
'Aren't you the slightest bit angry about what he was doing? What he was saying?' I look up at him this time.
'I'm furious at him. Do you know how humiliating that was'
'I'm sorry' he tells me. 'For scaring you'
'Keep the ice on there' I tell him before going back to the floor and scrubbing the blood soaking into the carpet.
'Get up off the floor' Sam tells me with a sigh.
'I don't want my place looking like a murder scene' I tell him.
'Scarlet' he kneels down and lifts my chin so I'm looking at him. 'Get up, go have a soak in the bath and stop stressing' as soon as he said stress I gasp.
I jump from the floor and race to the kitchen to the forgotten and probably now burnt dinner.
'Shit' I turn the stove off and give the stir fry a stir.
'Out of the kitchen, I will fix it all' Sam orders me.
'Sam, I am going to stress whether you like it or not. You make me sit down and relax and I'm stressing about what your doing and if you're ok with cooking and helping me. Everything stresses me out' I explain to him.
'Hey' he says gently. 'If you want to fix dinner than you fix dinner' he says.
I nod and he comes over and pulls me against his chest. 'I'm sorry if I am the cause of your stress, I just want you to be happy and calm and keep our baby healthy' he tells me.
'I know you all just want to help but I feel useless and it makes me stress more'
'Alright, you finish dinner and get it tasting fantastic' I nod and he leaves the room.
I have managed to not burn the food but now I have to put some rice on so we can eat it with something filling.
Rico and Butch come back as I'm dishing up dinner.
'Sorry about all that, we should have stopped him before things got that out of control' Butch apologises.
'It's fine, if it didn't happen here then it would have happened out on the street and he would be locked up'
'That's true, how did he get inside? just walk in?'
'I opened the door to see what he wanted but when I went to shut it, he stopped me and helped himself inside' I explain. 'I don't want to talk about it now lets just enjoy the food I almost burnt' I say as Sam comes back and takes a seat at the table.
'What have you boys been told the last six months?' I question looking at their vests.
'Sorry Scarlet' Rico says as they all remove their cuts and place their guns on the bench.
We eat in silence and once finished, I take the plates to the kitchen to wash up.
'Come with me, Rico and Butch will do this' Sam says.
'Sam-'
'Just come with me' he cuts me off. I sigh and follow him up the hall and he opens the bathroom door.
'Before you go off at me, I have brought you pyjamas and I want you to take a bath so you will relax, I need to call a few people about Cody. Take your time but if you're not out in an hour I'm coming in whether you like it or not' I have no idea what to say.
The bathroom is candle lit and the tub is full of water, I can see the steam coming from it. My clothes are sitting on the toilet lid and a towel on top.
I look at him and smile 'Thank you'
'Your welcome' he gins 'Now relax' he orders. I nod my head and he leaves the bathroom, closing the door behind him.
He did this for me? This has to be the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me and as much as I don't want to admit it right now, this was the icing on the cake. This gesture is what makes me realise that I love Sam.
I love him.
I know I need to talk to him about all this. If he doesn't feel the same then I'm a dick head and he knows how I feel.
But for now, I will do as he says. I strip out of my clothing and slide into the hot water.
I sigh in contentment and close my eyes as I soak into the water.