Chapter Ten

~Chapter Ten~

Brandi, Kendra and I are setting up. I'm on balloon duty while the other two put streamers and crap up.
The prospects are helping also with restocking the bar and the guests are meant to be coming in an hour.
A table has been set up with all Sams presents which only has two so far on it.
'I'm going to get food ready' I say tying the last balloon up and flicking it away with the other balloons scattered around the place.
'Ok, call out I you need help' Kendra says from on top of the bar. I nod and I head for the kitchen.
We've got a tattoo guy coming later to do some tattoos for people.
By the time I've gotten all the food ready and set it all out, people have arrived.
I notice a woman with a large box coming through the crowed and she's smiling at me.
'You must be Scarlet' she greets me. 'I'm Holly, Sams baby sister'
'Nice to meet you' I smile. 'is that the cake?' I ask.
'It is, want to see?' She asks. I nod. Holly looks like a female version of Sam.
She opens the lid of the box and inside I see an amazing cake. Its a 3D motorcycle and so detailed. How the hell did she do this in just two days?
'That's awesome' I say 'He is going to love it' I look closer and I realise that the motorcycle is Sams bike.
'I know' Holly grins 'I need to get it in the fridge' I nod and she takes the box to the kitchen.
I walk around and mingle with people and soon enough, we hear the bikes come in.
Everyone is silent and Kendra drags me to the front of the crowd.
The door opens and in walks Sam first. We all yell 'Surprise' and he looks at everyone in shock.
'What the fuck' Rico says in amazement coming in next.
'You?' Sam looks at me and I grin and look to his mother. He comes over to us with a smile and pulls us both in for a hug.
'Thank you but I'll kill you for this' he laughs.
'Enjoy yourself' I tell him 'Happy birthday'
'Thanks doll face' he kisses my cheek and then heads off to start partying.
Through out the night, I mingle around, stuff my face and drink my soda. Sam is having a ball and I seem to be the only sober one here. Holly has gotten shit faced, Kendra is already passed out, most of the girls are acting like sluts and the guys don't mind. The cake is still in the fridge and the presents are still on the table.
I find Sam talking with Rico and a chick. 'Hey' he smiles and I know he's drunk.
'Hey, I'm going to head home' I tell him. He wraps an arm around my neck and pulls me into him.
'It's still early' he says.
'It's like 11 and I'm tired and worn out' I tell him.
'Stay here' he says. 'Go jump into bed in my room'
'No thanks' i scoff 'Someone is bound to come in looking for a spare bed' I laugh 'I'm going to go home' I try to push away from him but he doesn't budge.
'Let's go open my present then' I have to hold onto him so I don't fall as he brings us over to the present table.
He lets me go and I find the present I had gotten for him.
'I had no idea what to get you' I tell him handing him the present. He rips the packet open and opens the box and sees the flask I had got him.
'It's awesome' he tells me. 'Thanks babe' he kisses my cheek and I laugh at his drunken state.
'Alright, I'm leaving now, have fun' I say.
'Ok, be safe' he tells me. I nod my head and I walk through the crowd, saying bye to the ones I feel necessary and then making it to my car.
'Going so early?' I turn and see a guy I've never met before sitting on the footpath.
I ignore him and make it to my car quickly, locking the doors when I get in.
I find my phone and I'm about to put the keys in the ignition when a tap on my window.
'Looking for fun?' he asks me.
'Leave me alone' I tell him in a shakey voice.
'Come on babe, you don't have to worry about getting pregnant' he laughs.
I unlock my phone and I call Sams phone. No answer so I keep trying while I put the keys in the ignition and start my car.
The creep starts punching my window and I'm glad he's drunk and is weak at the moment.
My hands are shaking too much and I can't get the key to turn right.
The guy is then thrown from my car and when I look out the window, I see Rico laying into the guy.
Hesitantly, I get out if the car and we've got a crowd now. 'Rico, enough' I yell.
'Someone get Sam' I hear someone say and then Butch and Jacob are pulling Rico from the drunk guy.
'You ok?' Rico asks me. I nod my head and then Sam comes pushing through the crowd.
'What happened?' He asks taking in my scared form, the drunk guy on the ground and Ricos bloody hands.
'Nothing, some creep trying to get into my car' I reply.
'Are you ok? did he hurt you?'
'No, I locked the doors, Rico came out before he could smash the window' I tell him.
'I'm going home now and thank you Rico' I climb back in the car and Sam comes over and taps on the window.
I roll the window down and he looks at me.
'Do you want me to come back with you?' he asks.
'No way, this is your party Sam, stay, have fun' I tell him.
'Want Rico to go back with you?'
'He really doesn't have to, don't worry about it, I will be fine'
'I'll come back, keep her company and safe' Rico offers.
'Thanks man' Sam says. Rico comes and gets in the passenger seat.
'Call if you need anything' Sam tells me.
'Like five minutes ago?' I ask with raised eye brows. He looks confused as he pulls his phone from his pocket and the gets a look of guilt as he looks at the screen.
'I'm sorry, I didn't feel my phone or hear it' I nod and start the car up.
I drive us back to my place and clean Rico up before heading to bed.

~~~~~~~

'Are you awake?' I hear someone say. 'Scarlet' they say. 'Are you awake doll face?'
'I am now' I growl.
'Sorry, I just wanted to talk' he says from beside me.
I open my eyes and I look to see its 4 in the morning.
'How did you get back here?' I ask.
'Rode over' he says.
'Sam, you are drunk out of your mind'
'I know' he laughs. 'Which reminds me, when I am this drunk, I don't give a shit who i take to bed but tonight, it's like every time I thought about taking a chick to the room, I thought of you and I couldn't...' he trails off.
'What are you trying to say Sam?' I ask but the only response I got was his snores.
What is he talking about? Is he saying I'm a cock block? It's not my fault he can't get any.
The thought of him taking a girl back to bed did annoy me but when he said he thought of me and couldn't... it kind of made it better.

~~~~~

I feel like shit and I wasn't even the one to drink last night.
'You awake Scarlet?' Sam asks.
'Unfortunately' I groan.
'You ok?' Sam asks rubbing my arms.
'Yeah, I feel sick' I tell him.
'Morning sickness?' he asks sympathetically.
'I don't know, I feel hung over' I frown.
'Ok, you stay in bed, I'll make you some toast to eat so you still get food to our baby, need anything else?'
'No, I just need more sleep'
'I'll bring in the toast then you can sleep' he tells me kissing my shoulder. He gets up and leaves the room.
I'm just about asleep again and Sam comes back in. 'Sit up and eat' he orders.
I sit up and ignore the wave of nausea hitting me.
'Moms going to come by and look after you, I'll be back later on but call if you need anything' he tells me.
I nod and he kisses my head before leaving the room.
I eat the toast. Slowly. Then I go back to sleep.
I'm in and out of consciousness all day and I'm aware of Kendra coming in to check my temperature and make sure I'm not dying.
She wakes me several times to make me drink water and this other stuff to keep me and the baby hydrated.
She wakes me to eat some soup but I think I only make it through three spoon fulls before the nausea comes back.
I faintly remember Sam coming back to check on me and Brandi came in.

~~~~~~~~~

I finally wake up the following morning and I feel alright.
'How are you feeling today?' Sam asks from beside me
'I need a shower and food' I groan.
'You go shower, I'll make breakfast' Sam tells me.
I nod my head and get up out of bed. I go get a change of clothes and then head for the bathroom.
After I finally feel refreshed and bathed, I head out for the food Sam had promised.
'Dig in baby mama' Rico says sitting a plate in front of me.
'I plan to' I laugh.
'Remember much from yesterday?' Sam asks me.
'Nope, I don't remember getting out of bed at all'
'Really? You got out of bed three times, twice I had to help you to the bathroom because you were so weak' Sam says.
'Well that's embarrassing' I flush, glad i didnt remember.
'Brandi and Mom helped you the other time'
'That's less embarrassing' I say shoving a forkful of eggs into my mouth.
'You'll be fine' Rico says. 'We made sure the baby still kicked and she's fine'
'That's good, I was worried about her' I say rubbing my belly.
'Everything is fine, Holly is stopping by later to check on you' Sam assures me.
'Ok' I nod.
I finish eating and the guys leave. Holly comes over and we end up going baby shopping and get her a crib.
'Finally have a crib' I say proudly. 'I'll get Sam and Butch to set it up later'
'Have you got a name picked yet?' Holly asks me.
'Nope, we haven't talked about it and I have no clue anyway' I sigh.
'You still have like fifteen weeks anyway right?' she questions.
'Yeah, something like that' I tell her.
'You have clothes for her and a crib, do you have diapers? anything like that?' Holly asks.
'Nope'
'Well I'll make my brother buy the carriage and diapers, you don't need to buy anything else for her' Holly tells me.
'He will do it if I ask him to anyway' I shrug.
After a few hours, Holly leaves and Sam comes back. Brandi has gone to see her parents for the week so I won't see her.
'How was your day?' I question him, folding some of the baby clothes up.
'Crappy' he says. 'yours?'
'Alright, I got a crib today and more clothes' I smile. 'You also have to put it together'
'Yeah, I'll give Rico a call, he can come help'
'We should talk about names soon' I suggest.
'Sure, what names do you like?' He asks. I smile and after an hour of talking about names and folding clothes, we finally decide on one.
'We tell no one' I say. 'it will be a surprise'
'Alright, lips are sealed' he smiles.