Twenty-Five

~Chapter Twenty-Five~

The night mares came. They came with a vengeance and for three days I've been going out of mind. I need to see my baby, I have never been this far away from her and never been without her this long either.
Sam finally agreed to let us go back today.
'I'll be fine' I tell him when I notice him looking at me. 'I know it wasn't my fault and I know I had no choice and he was a bad guy'
'Do you really believe it though?' He asks rubbing my leg gently.
'I'm getting there, I'm still guilty and stuff but I know if I didn't shoot him then Kendra would have paid for it and i couldn't live with that. I've decided I don't regret shooting him, just killing him'
'It'll get easier baby' he gives me a squeeze and then puts his hand back on the wheel.
I did believe that. That he had to be stopped or Kendra would have been really hurt. Or worse. I did believe that I did the right thing shooting him but that doesn't ease any guilt that I took a life.
We stopped for some lunch and decided on a walk on the beach.
Sam took his patches off and took my hand. 'You know, I've always loved the beach' he confesses.
'Me too, it's calming' I smile. 'I always wanted to buy a place right on the beach so I could just go out onto my backyard and dip my feet in the sand'
'It sounds nice' he kisses the side of my head and let's my hand go, wrapping his around around my shoulder and back.
'It does' I nod. 'I planned on buying a house on the beach, get married and have babies'
'Its a nice dream' Sam tells me. 'Ive always had the club in my head though, sure, I've thought what if it was different but it's not' Sam says
'We could still get a house on the beach though'
'Maybe' the way he said it was as if it would never happen but it sounds so appealing.
I drop the subject and we walk in silence for a bit. 'What if we did get married?' Sam asks.
We both stop and i stare at him. 'What?' Is he kidding?
'What if we did? I love you Scarlett and i only see you in my future, you and Aneika' he says pulling me into him.
'Sam, you have to be serious, really think about what you're saying' I tell him.
I love Sam and he's in my future too. Of course I would love to be his wife but I don't know if now is the right time.
'I am serious, I have thought about this, for the last two weeks I have thought about this but it wasn't until I seen how strong you really are and how much more I love you for it that I realized I am serious' I couldn't help the smile.
'I'm not romantic or anything close, everyone knows this so I have no idea what to do here' he laughs.
'I don't know either' I laugh as well and he rests his forehead on mine.
'Marry me'

...... To be continued......