Chapter 13

I laid down on the couch, my head in Zayn’s lap, and found myself waking up. I let out a low groan, rubbing my eyes as I desperately wanted the sleep to return.

“You finally awake, babe?” I heard Zayn’s deep accent laugh.

“Unfortunately,” I replied, feeling his fingers lace through my fiery red hair as he twirled the ends. “How long have I been out?”

“A few hours. You fell asleep half way through Insidious. How, I haven’t the slightest idea, that was some scary shit,” he chuckled. “Mercy was basically bawling into Niall’s shoulder the whole time, Lou kept trying to snog Aurora but she wouldn’t have it, and Bridget had to continuously comfort a terrified Liam. I think Harry and I were the only one’s really watching it.”

I laughed at the images his words created in my mind, especially Liam freaking out. “But where’s everyone now?”

“They left a bit ago…it’s just us two,” he replied with a knowing smirk.

I let out a gasp. “Wait. Hold up. They actually left us alone?”

His laughter roared to life. “I know! I was just as shocked!”

“Especially after today’s little incident you would’ve that Liam wouldn’t let us out of a three foot radius of him.”

“Yeah, well, I think he was a little pre-occupied with Bridget.”

I raised an eyebrow. “About time. They’re so cute together, it was all I could do to not scream at him that night on the roof.”

“Enough about Liam and Bridget…what about us?” he said slowly.

“What about us?” I asked innocently.

“Addy.”

I squirmed uncomfortably as I thought, my hair still entangled in his finger and head still in his lap. Ugh, I just hate talking about relationships. It never turns out good. Can’t we just bang or something? “Okay, fine. I really like you and find you amazingly attractive. And you’re a fucking stellar kisser. Is that what you wanted to hear?”

“Not exactly,” he laughed. “But I’ll take it.”

“What did you want to hear?”

“That you’d like to be more than whatever we are right now. That you trust me.”

I inhaled sharply.

“I’m not like him,” Zayn said quietly. “You know that.”

I immediately knew who he was referring to. Vance. This was the first time Zayn had brought him up since that shower accident. “Do I really know that?” I said after a few moments.

“Well you won’t know if you don’t try.” His hand moved from my waves to my cheek as he began stroking my jaw line, sending tingles down my face. My heart was about to pound out of my chest at this point like a starving fat kid who just set eyes on the last Snickers bar. “Don’t you want to try?”

“I do,” I responded, my voice barely audible. “But I don’t want to get hurt.”

“Addy, I swear to you, I won’t push you into doing things you’re uncomfortable with. I won’t use you. I won’t mess with other girls. I won’t mistreat you. And I won’t get arrested if you end up confessing your undying love for me in the middle of a super market.”

I smiled at the last part. “So you don’t care about what happened between me and Vance?” Layla’s words echoed in my head, how she said Zayn didn’t care about people’s pasts. Hm, this might actually work.

“Well, yeah I do.”

My face immediately dropped. “B-but… I…Layla said you weren’t the kind of guy who’d care. I don’t want you to care.”

His eyebrow’s scrunched together in confusion. “Well, Layla would be right. I usually don’t care. But I find the whole thing a little fucked up. How could a prick do that to such an amazing person? And why don’t you want me to care?”

I sighed, trying to find the right words. “Because if you care…if you care, then that means you’re going to look at me differently. I won’t be Addy the badass who is independent and strong. I’ll be Addy the broken girl that’s defenseless and vulnerable. And I don’t want you to look at me like that.”

“Love, whenever I look at you, I see Addy. Just Addy. Addy who’s beautiful and perfect. Addy who deserves to have the whole world handed to her on a pedestal,” he said, his deep brown eyes engulfing my own. “And nothing will ever change that.”

I smiled up at him, crawling up from his lap to kiss him on the lips. “Then I’ll try it out with you.”

A huge grin broke out onto his face, and I could feel the smile as his lips danced with my own.

Mental note, call Layla and tell her she owes me one streak through downtown with a sign that clearly states that I am the shit.

______________________________________

A/N:

A bit more serious of a chapter, hehehe. But still cute. If you need a refresher on the whole Vance/Layla/Zayn thing (BEAUSE I AM SO BAD AT UPDATING, MY SINCEREST APOLOGIES. I HAVE BEEN GLUED TO THE FUCKING OLYMPICS. LIKE OMFG HAVE YOU SEEN SOME OF THOSE GUYS. *COUCH* TOM DALEY, NATHAN ADRIAN, RYAN LOCHTE *COUGH*), I believe it's two chapters ago.

And over 2,000 reads?! You guys are absolutely incredible! Please keep it up, because I love you all <3

And shout out to my Ed Sheeran-loving, Robert Sheehan-fangirling, laundry-hating, quarter-flipping wattpad twinsie, NISHA <3 Seriously, nicest girl ever. She makes me laugh until my sides hurt, plus she is an outstanding author! ;D Go fan her and show her all your love because she's amazing and deserves it!