She Moves In Her Own Way

"Addy, please?"

I sighed and ran my hand through my freshly died red hair for what must've been the thirtieth time tonight. She was going to kill me.

"Addy, I'll love you forever and ever and ever and ever and ever -"

"Fine!" I huffed, throwing my hands up in defeat. "But you owe me big, Stella!"

Stella dramatically dropped to her knees, bowing graciously towards me whilst chanting, "I bow down to the almighty, Addy! She is the best best friend any silly girl like me could ask for! I could only hope to be as amazing as she!"

I stifled a laugh as an old grandma walking by gave us a weird look - do people not normally chant & bow in the middle of the side walk in a bustling downtown area? Ha.

I let Stella extravagantly go on for a moment, to the point where she was just messing around and screaming gibberish with my name before I leaned down and whispered in her ear, "You know you're flashing all of downtown your underwear? Hm, not the best day to wear teenage mutant ninja turtle granny panties."

Stella shot up, tugging her floral skirt as far down as it would go. "Shut the fuck up and let's go."

*****

"We've been in line for SIX HOURS, Stella! The concert isn't even for another five hours!" I groaned, sending daggers to my best friend. I knew I should've never agreed to this.

But nothing, not even my bitching and hostile threats, could damper her mood. "Just wait, it's going to be so worth it!" she exclaimed with a high pitched shriek before jumping around and clapping and sobbing and trying to regain control of her "feels". Fangirling at its finest.

But then again how was she any different from the thousands of other girls in line doing the exact same thing? I would never be able to understand how some crappy boy band could capture all these girls' hearts.

She finally calmed down to the point where she could breathe. "Just imagine -"

"I don't want to."

"In five hours, thirty four minutes, and nineteen seconds -"

"Am I the only one who finds your too-precise countdown to be creepy?"

"We will be graced with the presence of -"

"Oh dear Lord, please don't start again."

"ONE DIRECTION. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

I leaned back against the brick wall of the concert venue and slowly sank down to the ground. I just really needed to get away from here. Not only did I have to piss beyond belief, but I needed a smoke so bad. But the chances of the mobs of crazed girls letting me back this close to the front of the line after choosing to leave was slim to none.

"Stella," I cooed, giving her the biggest smile I could manage under the horrendous circumstances.

"Don't you even think about it, Addy!" she warned, crossing her arms over her home-made "LARRY 5EVA" t-shirt. Who the hell is Larry and why can't he spell forever properly?

"Dude, I just really have to pee and I need a cigarette and I've been standing in this line for fucking hours and I love you and I know how important this is to you and it's just th-"

Stella put her hand up to signal me to stop talking. "You realize if you leave line you aren't coming back? And that would entail leaving me alone at this concert? And that would break my little heart?" She put a freshly manicure hand over her heart.

"Look, give me my ticket & keep yours. You can go in and be front row and whatever, and I'll just hang out in the back. You can find me when the concert's over," I replied. Her face clouded with thought. "And besides," I winked, glancing down at her shirt. "I wouldn't want to intrude upon your personal time with...er, Larry."