Chapter 5

“Layla,” I whined. “Why do you have no food?!”

“Sorry, I wasn’t expecting people to eat a breakfast,” she said and looked pointedly at Niall. “Or three.”

He let out a million dollar laugh. “How about we all just go out to eat? It’s nearly one in the afternoon anyways.”

We all nodded in agreement, except for Layla. “I better stay here. There’s over twenty people passed out in various places in my house, I’d like to make sure there all alive before my house starts to stink of their rotting flesh.”

“Just let Stella know I’ll meet her back at our apartment, if she ever gets up,” I said. I made my way out of the kitchen and to the front door when I felt a firm hand squeeze my butt.

“Ahh!” I screamed, obviously surprised. I spun around to find Harry there with a smirk and Liam laughing uncontrollably.

“Love,” Liam said inbetween giggles. “You might want to put some more clothes on before we go out, or Harry won’t be the only one after you.”

I let out a laugh. “That would’ve been embarrassing. Thanks for the reminder, boys!” I replied, winking at Harry as I headed back up to the room Zayn and I had been in earlier.

*****

Twenty minutes and a shower later, my hangover was gone and Aurora, Louis, Liam, Harry, Niall, Zayn, and I were eating at this cute little café.

“I always knew I was a good surfer,” Harry stated, flipping his hair. Instantaneously, three or four sugar packets were thrown at him.

“Harry, I swear to God if you bring up your miserable surfing one more time, you won’t be able to surf again,” I warned. Aurora laughed, giving me a sly high five before she went back to cuddling with Lou.

We were sitting in the back of the restaurant, in one of those corner booths. It was hidden well by a few fake plants and a looming counter; you wouldn’t have known it was there unless someone told you. The boys had specially requested it, and I didn’t really want to ask why. I’d quickly learned that unless you were ready to be mentally scarred, you shouldn’t ask the boys’ their motives. On anything.

“Well, if you excuse me,” I started as I stood up. “I have to take a piss.”

Everyone let out a laugh at my oh-so proper vocabulary as I walked away. I got to the bathrooms and was relieved to find them in good condition – I hate public bathrooms in the first place, so clean ones are always a plus. I took a leak, washed my hands, and was redoing my red hair that had come out of its side braid when a group of girls around fourteen walked in.

They all shuffled into their own stalls and I was about to leave when I heard snippets of their conversation. Which is really just a fancy way of saying I was eavesdropping.

“They have to be here somewhere!” one of them said, obviously a bit frustrated. “It was on twitter!”

“Listen, just because some girls on twitter say One Direction is here, doesn’t mean they actually are!” a second reasoned.

“Yeah,” piped up the third. “Probably some jealous directionator who just wanted some attention.”

I rolled my eyes. That was my cue to leave – they were talking about that stupid boy band that Stella had dragged me to see (even though I technically didn’t see them).

As I got back to the table, everyone was eerily quiet. Liam stare blankly at the table, Harry was busy on his phone, Niall was looking over the menu for the hundredth time, Louis and Aurora seemed to be having a weird telepathic conversation as she gave him a knowing look and he gave one of his own back, and Zayn was nervously playing with his hands.

“Uh, everything alright?”

Zayn looked at me and forced a smile. “Everything’s great, love.”

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

*****

ZAYN

“I have to take a piss,” Addy stated bluntly, and we all laughed at her comment. I tried not to stare as she walked away but I couldn’t help it – she looked gorgeous.

“Zayn, mate,” Harry said, swatting the back of my head to get my attention. “You’ve got it bad.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Addy!” the whole table replied in unison. I tried to hide my smile, but couldn’t and found myself awkwardly scratching the back of my head.

How do I say this without sounding weird?

“Okay, well, yeah. I like Addy. A lot,” I started. “But there’s this itsy bitsy tiny minor detail I have yet to tell her and I’d like it if you lot kept quiet about it.”

“Sure, mate,” Liam replied. “But what is it?”

“She doesn’t know we’re famous.”

The whole table fell silent, the air becoming still. They all looked shock.

Finally Harry let out an awkward laugh. “Ha. Haha! Good one, Zayn!” he said, lightly elbowing me.

“I’m serious,” I sighed.

Liam let out a groan and set his head down on the table as Niall looked at me with a puzzled face. “Does she live under a rock?” he asked.

I laughed a bit but even I could tell it was forced. “No. I actually met her at our show. She knows who One Direction is, apparently her best friend loves us. Addy just doesn’t know that we are them.”

Aurora finally regained herself. “Zayn Malik!” she whisper yelled. “You’re just going to lie to the poor girl! Your IDENTITY is kind of important, wouldn’t you think?!”

“If he doesn’t want to tell her, he shouldn’t have to,” Louis replied without thinking. Then he saw Aurora’s death stare. “I mean…uh, I was just…um.”

“You think it’s okay for him to build a relationship off lies?!” she replied harshly.

“Well…no,” he admitted in defeat.

“Louis, mate,” Niall laughed. “You are so whipped!” Louis shrugged and leaned over for a kiss, but Aurora turned her head.

“Zayn, if you don’t tell Addy, I will,” she warned.

“No!” I pleaded. “I will eventually! I mean we’re not even really together!”

She huffed. “Fine.”

I let out a sigh of relief.

“But what if someone notices us?” she pointed out. “Like, what if our waitress is madly in love with you guys?”

“I’m not sure about anything else, but Paul called ahead, our waitress is covered. She knows who we are but said she’d respect our privacy,” I replied. “Thank you, guys. I really owe you.”

“Pay us back later, your lovely lady is back,” Harry said, suggestively eying Addy as she returned.

It was my turn to whap him on the back of his head. “Don’t stare!” He smirked at me and pulled out his iPhone as the table fell into an awkward silence.

“Uh, everything alright?” Addy asked after a moment.

I put on my best smile. “Everything’s great, love.”

____________________________________

A/N:

Sorry for the slightly boring chapter, definitely not my best :P But how'd you guys like doing Zayn's point of view?

Thank you so much for reading, please vote & comment! I love you all <3

Aaaaaand, stay tuned, I'm going to upload the next chapter here in a minute. ;D