Chapter 7: Cole Mathews~

I wrote a new book called "Just Ordinary." ^_^ if you have some time or are interested, please check it out.

***

Cole Mathews~

I sat on my bed, counting the money I have saved up so far from my jobs. My fingers slid through the last bill. $5,000. I can finally move out now. It's enough to temporarily rent an apartment for at least 2-3 months. I can continue working for future expenses, but for the time being, the $5,000 can give me a good start. I grabbed my money, and was about to put it back in the box, when my phone run. I quickly placed it in, closed it, and hid it underneath my bed before answering.

It appeared to be Dianne. A smile lit up on my face. It's about time she called me.

"Hello?"

"Hello, this is Dianne's boyfriend, I'm guessing?" An annoyed voice spat at me menacingly. It wasn't Dianne. My heart sank. Who could this be? It sounded like a middle aged woman. Just what is she doing with Dianne's phone?

"May I ask who this is?"

"Well, I am her mother, and I don't want you to have anything to do with my daughter anymore! You got her pregnant, can you believe it? She already has a short lifespan due to lung cancer, and now pregnancy?! Are you trying to kill her?!" The voice screamed into the phone, sounding furious. I froze. Dianne's mom?

Dianne is what?! She has- cancer?!

Thoughts poured into my mind like a volcano spewing out lava. Each thought burned just like the lava. It was too much for me to process at the moment. I remained silent, as everything began to seep in.

"I-I didn't know..." Was all that came out. I was too shocked to say anything more.

"What, she didn't tell you?" She let out a wicked chuckle that only the most evil witches can master- such as my mom... Already, I didn't like her. I bet my mom and her would become the best of friends.

"No, she didn't." Dianne had lung cancer? She doesn't have much time left? She never told me anything! Suddenly, I felt betrayed.... Why had she hidden such a thing from me? I thought she trusted me... I could feel my heart falter, and panic sunk in. And she's pregnant?! I gritted my teeth, and clenched my hand into a fist. How could she not have told me?! "Is this all true?"

"Yes, it is all true. Boy, give me your address this instant. I'm heading over to meet with your parents."

Reluctantly, I spoke my address into the phone, inviting my death... This isn't going to go well...

"Alright, be there in a sec." There was a click on the other end of the line as she hung up. I buried my face in my hands once I placed my phone down. This will be the death of me...

***

The dreadful sound of a doorbell rung in my ears, and I could already feel myself fall apart. She's here... I quickly grabbed my sunglasses and slid them on.

"Cole!" Screamed my drunken mom, with a slight slur in her voice. "Open the damn door, you worthless piece of shit!" I rolled my eyes. I was more than used to it by now so it didn't bother me much.

"Yes, your highness," I said in a high pitched sarcastic tone, meant to ridicule her, before twisting my doorknob and heading out.

The foul odor of cigarette smoke engulfed me as I made my way towards the door. I suppressed a cough, as I covered my nose with the sleeve of my sweatshirt, hoping to reduce the amount of smoke I enhale. Isn't this secondhand smoking?- Even though it's true that I occasionally smoke...