Chapter 5: Running out of Time~

Running out of Time~

I let out a sigh as I came out of the bathroom. Today again, still no period... It was supposed to come 2 months ago...

I slowly stepped into my bedroom, and headed back to bed. I had not even closed my eyes yet, when I heard my mom call me from downstairs.

"Dianne!" Came her muffled voice. "Help me prepare breakfast!"

Sighing for the second time this morning, I grudgingly pulled myself up, feeling quite annoyed. I lazily stomped down the stairs, not feeling much like myself, and entered the kitchen.

The aroma of toast and bacon filled my nostrils, and I suddenly felt sick to the stomach. I held my mouth, as I begin to feel last night's dinner slowly making it's way up... I quickly rushed to the bathroom, and let the turkey from last night enter the toilet... (Author's Note: I probably should not describe this part in too much detail, so I'll leave it at that... -_-')

"Dianne?" I heard rushed footsteps nearing, and felt a presence come up from behind. "Dear, what's the matter?"

"No, it's nothing," I managed to choke out in between breaths. I then resumed to vomiting the rest of my turkey dinner into the toilet.

"This isn't nothing honey!" Declared my mom in a worried tone, as she reached out a hand.

"I said it's nothing!" I snapped at her as I whacked her hand away.

"I was just worried..." My mom muttered softly, clearly hurt by my harsh words. There was an uneasy moment of silence. "Well, I gotta go back to cooking breakfast..." And with that, she exited and returned to the kitchen.

After flushing the toilet, and cleaning up, I immediately left to the hospital, knowing just what might be going on...

***

"Really?!" I shrieked at the doctor.

She flinched slightly, but I can tell she's trying hard to mask it.

"Yes, the test proved positive... You are pregnant, Miss Parker."

Oh my god.

Oh my GOD! Did I hear her correctly?

Someone who has cancer and doesn't have much time left is of all things, PREGNANT?

"But," she continued. "I would recommend you to not keep the baby, and choose abortion. It's a much wiser choice. Seeing that you have lung cancer and that it's slowly killing you, carrying a pregnancy can be too harsh on your body. Besides, it is very unlikely for you and the baby to survive in this case, due to the condition your body is in. You will cut short your life, and the baby won't survive the nine months... So that's why, we should focus on maximizing your lifespan. Without the baby you will li-" I cut her off.

"How much time do I have left?" I asked.

She seemed confused by my sudden question, but answered anyway. "About 8-9 months at most... Why?"

"And for how long have I been pregnant?"

"From the looks of it, about a month already..."

"There's enough time."

She was silent for a moment longer, not quite understanding what I meant. But her eyes soon widened with realization.

"You're not thinking of-" she started.

"And what if I am?" I looked her right in the eye.

"But it's very unlikely-" she began, startled.

"So we'll just hope for a miracle to happen." I smiled at her, enjoying her reactions.

"But if it were to go wrong, you'll..."

"I'm prepared for the worst... But I think it's worth a shot."

***

I pulled open the door, and stepped into the house.

"Dianne," my mom greeted me. "Where did you go? You've been out for quite some time."

"Oh, I... I wasn't feeling so well. I thought it might've been something serious, so I visited the hospital. It turns out, it wasn't anything much..." I lied.

"Really?" My mom seemed relieved. "Well anyways, breakfast is in the kitchen. You should have some. You haven't been eating well lately."

I remembered the smell from this morning, and already, I could feel my stomach begin to act up again. I cupped my stomach with both hands, hoping to calm it. Shaking away the memory, I looked up at my mom. "Nah, I'll eat later. Not feeling too good right now..."

"Are you sure you're alright?" She asked again.

Damn is she annoying. How many times do I have to tell her for her to finally leave me alone?

"For the last time, yes!" I went off at her, before heading upstairs into my room.

Really, just what is wrong with me lately? Pregnancy mood swings or something? I think I read about that somewhere, but I never thought it would occur to me... I should really apologize sometime later to my mom...

***

That's it for this chapter! :) I hope it was at least decent lol. I know it's short and crappy, but please forgive me. :( And I'm sorry if I suck at writing about this pregnancy thing. I've never been pregnant before, so I hope you can understand... I will try to upload the next chapter ASAP. Please comment! I love hearing what others have to say! And don't forget to vote and follow me! ;)